Transco shift improver kit to B&M shift kit

Old 04-11-2008, 09:44 PM
cbtlr
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Transco shift improver kit to B&M shift kit

I have the transco kit installed on a rebuilt 350 turbo trans.1st shift is soft.2nd shift has a nice bump.I am looking for a harder 1st and 2nd shift.Will the B&M out perform the transco kit?No need to waste $.Thanks.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:01 PM
rob41willys
SENIOR BUILDER

I think either kit will come with different springs, etc. for different applications.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:10 PM
sommersracing
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

IMO the Transgo kit is the best. Did you just put the kit in? Was this a complete overhaul or just installed the kit? What is your intermediate clutch pack clearance? Is the shift the same in drive as manually shifting? Matt
Old 04-15-2008, 04:32 AM
cbtlr
SENIOR BUILDER

Kit was installed by Valco trans when trans was rebuilt a little over a year ago.Shifting manually taking it up in the revs.1st shift is still soft 2nd shifts bumps a tad harder.Kit is a transco shift improver kit.Kit comes with 2 bearings 1 spring and a small shaft.Valco charged me an extra hundred for the kit and the install.I should have ordered or taken them a better kit.Thanks for the replies.