Powerglide issues, looking for advise

Old 11-14-2010, 02:12 PM
travis91
APPRENTICE

Default Powerglide issues, looking for advise

I swapped out my powerglide after breaking the 1.76 planetary after my 1st qualifying round at NHRA unleashed last weak pulling away from the ticket booth. The one I put in the car was an unknown that had been in a shed for 10 years. Got it in the car at the track and made the show and it worked perfectly for 6 passes. At the track the other night after staging, put on the t-brake and the car backed up. Staged again and same issue. Decided to footbrake and the car would barely move in 1st gear and seemed fine in second. Pulled the tranny today and didn't find any broken gears or burnt clutches. Not sure what the issue is or what else to check.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:30 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Low band servo piston ring broken or piston seized in the bore? Possible band issue? Low pressure?

Johnny
Old 11-14-2010, 03:17 PM
wmeabates
MASTER BUILDER

Also check the steel tube that goes from the valve body to the case for loose or cracked,that's how the fluid pressure gets from the valve body to the servo.Bill.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:03 PM
travis91
APPRENTICE

Took the transmission apart and found that the band was burned and out of adjustment. Replacing the band and will put back together . Thanks for the information guys.