in GOD we trust

Old 06-29-2009, 02:19 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

i like the way that went, different point of views, but found a common link.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

ARUSSEL:

I just saw your post... I would never judge you by your words or you being a an Athiest. You are an Atheiest for a reason... I too used to be one... or a Agnostic at the very least. I detect some moral principal in your post which sounds like something installed by the very God I praise. I wrote this below not to push God on anyone, but only to possibly give some hope. Hey, if I can recieve some hope, then anyone can!!

I have had to separate God from religion... period. No one wants a Bible thumped at them when they have seen the hypocracy of some churches & religions. The God that I know is far bigger than any man's intirpriation, religion, church, etc... after all, religion is man-made. I had religion/church forced on me as a kid, which was completley fruitless. I had to find God on my own terms... at rock bottom when I needed him most. It was harder to find God when I felt like I did not need him. Since "Faith" is defined as "the evidence of something not seen, but is the substance of things hoped for", I believe God cannot be found with out this very principal.

Nevertheless, I believe understanding God can be done by all as he has designed. Yet, I will never understand the complexity & power of him. There is peace in this alone; as I used to be one of those people who had to have proof & understand everything prior to believing... I have proof now & I believe, but not on man's terms. My belief is that we live in a fallen world... one that is unpredictable & damn cold at times. This world is my test; which is hosted by the enemy... Faith is what pulls me through the trials & tribulations. Last, God has never let me down... but I have... other people have, circumstances have. On the other hand, the enemy is a well oiled machine!! After all, take a look at our country right now & compare it to the past... one difference is that God is being removed in many places & we now have a leader who claims we are no longer a Christian country. Of corse they are trying to remove the "In God We Trust" from the Post Office & our money!! The world belongs to the enemy... he is the prince of this place, not God.

ARUSSEL- you seem like a good guy based on your posts & you are a fellow gear head!! God is a gentleman... he will not force you to believe in him either. Scooter
Old 06-29-2009, 05:38 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

scoot. well said, god bless.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:40 AM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

I can not believe how supportive everybody is being. I did not come to this overnight, It has been well thought out and makes sence to me.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:38 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Arussel/everyone: (sorry about the long message again)

If we were NOT supportive, we would be a bunch of hypocrates anyways. I have questioned a non-existence of God too... probably all of us have... even Mother Therissa did up to her final days. They say she wrestled with it for years in various writings & journals she left behind. These journals she had expressed a deep frustration of God VS no God. To me, it was simple though.... if she wrestled with so much, then she believed in God. Otherwise, she would have been able to let it go & be totally gone. I think it is common for anyone to go through this doubt. In short, her faith & the Holy Spirit would not let her give up all in which she lived for... her personal belief in God.

You (ARussel) have your beliefs & you sound content. I respect you for comming out & saying you are different in your beliefs. I said I would not judge... & I will not. Besides, I am just one guy in this giant place amougst billions of people... who am I to say ANYONE is wrong?? In the end, no matter what we believe, we are here for only a short time. My opiinion: those who "Trust God" should have that right as it has been given in the past. I am against it being removed in schools, money, post office, etc... even if I believed God did not exist, I see no harm done in people living thier lives as if he did exist. Scooter
Old 06-30-2009, 10:37 AM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

amen brothers!!! it is healthy to have faith!!! somethin to believe in and a place to get problems off your mind.talk to god for who ever your god may be.....further more...tell all the people that are against religion that they should remember that if they had it their way,they will not recieve any more paid vacation days off for easter or christmas.praise the lord!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 04:26 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Guys I never get involved in a religious conversation but...
To start with My dad is a Baptist preacher and has been for most of my life. All of my family is very religious. To this day I hate the word Atheist. It just seems like such a negative word to me. I don't believe in a God, but I do believe in religion. If it weren't for religion our world would not exist because we would live in total chaos. Religion is still the law of the land. Please don't take me wrong because I don't believe in what you may want me too. You will never find a more giving caring person than me. I probably live by stricter rules put on myself than anybody you will ever met. I hold myself to a higher standard than most. I'm not wired looking or have horns on my head or wear a trench coat..lol I pride myself in being the better man, father, husband, friend or citizen than most want to be. I am absolutely against telling anybody I don't believe in a God. I encourage people to find that something or someone in their life that makes them enjoy it and live like they should. One good women will make a man live and enjoy life so much more. Find her KEEP HER! I have 0 tolerance for a thief, crook, liar, cheater etc. To this day ( I'm 41) I have never drank a beer. I have nothing against it and most of my friends do drink. It's just something I don't want to do. We don't have to have the same beliefs to be "One Nation Under God". I say we need to bring prayer back to school and at home at the dinner table!! Even if it's just a moment of silence you spend with your family! BE A FATHER, BE A HUSBAND, BE A BROTHER, BE A FRIEND and that means listen to and help others along the way.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:58 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

scooter, like it or not, you were the one who got me to sit back and do some reflection.it was your posts that got me to go back in time to evaluate what my life has been and where i was headed.ive needed something to believe in for along time.even if there is no god, its a good way to spend the rest of my life, and if there is a god ,well then i got my butt covered!lol.it was your posts that got me to wanting some kind of peace in my life. i kinda of wanted what you haveand i think im finding it.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Outlaw:

I am truley humbled by what you said...I feel honored that you would say that. Maybe it is our pasts that led us to this place we are at. you see, you & I know what the other side is like. I knew addiction, sin, being wild & living for the moment real well... you probably know these things to some degree too. To say the least, we both opposed the law many times in our day. We know the hyocracy of some religions & people who claim to have faith & cuss & drink like sailors at the same time... while judging others. We both know that feeling of that hole that is missing in our lives too. Without comming to know HELL first, we may not have found God. For us, I believe it is simply a relationship & accountabilty to a higher power we choose to call "God". It is not religion or law that saved us; it is knowing God... a "personal" relationship with him. Without naming a certain person, do you remember who was judging you before they knew you?? They could quote scripture without even looking it up; this person knew the Bible well. But this person cussed & judged you & was double minded & overly rightous towards you. My opinion is that knowing God comes by walking by his ways & praying & having faith in his answers...believing. It is very possible that this person did not even know God at all... but he knew many Bible verses. My point: People can claim to know God by being a "good person" or by reading the Bible, going to church, doing good deeds, etc... but God has made it very clear what "Salvation" requires... it is certainly not works. Outlaw, by now you have probably prayed about something & in devine way, it has been answered. It was no coincidence; only God could have hooked you up that way. I bet you have peace & joy you have not known in years or ever before... even in the middle of a storm. It is because you are praying directly to him & he is answering you in his perfect way. I am not saying everything is perfect; you will have trials & tribulations.... the enemy has to work harder to trouble you. is this true??? If so, we are noticing the same thing.

Man, I have to tell you that i have prayed about things & had them answered in a way that only God & I could understand... simply devine. Things have happened that are so devine that I don't think people would even believe me if I told them!!! Would they materialize had i not prayed abou that very thing??? I don't think so... you can only call it a "coincidence" so many times. Don't get me wrong, I go to church most Sundays, I have a Bible study that I attend too. Those are works.... they are NOT what has caused the peace & the joy I have today. Keep up the GREAT job you are doing- I can see the change in you Outlaw!!!

To everyone else, may peace be with you whatever your belief. What has worked for me may not work for you & vise versa. I do enjoy our different veiws... & the fact that we all co-exist in a brotherhood of gear slamming, tire burning, wheel standing, G-Force pounding, gear-head MADDDDDNESS!!!! That is why we are here right?? Without you guys, I would not HALF as much as I do about carburators!!! Again, I am just one guy here in the place who is trying to make sense of this world & beyond... I lack wisdom in many areas... you guys are all great & have helped me be a better man these days!!! God Bless you all!! Scooter
Old 07-01-2009, 10:58 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Rigsby I admire your passion and it's felt in your post! Helping others is what life is all about.
What I was trying to say is everyone should find something to believe in. Religious or not our law is based on religious ideas. If not we would still be barbaric. To me there is no reason why anyone should ever be at war over religion. It just contradicts what religion means. It doesn’t matter to me what God or higher power someone believes in, but I think most people have a much better life if they do “have faith”. I bought a race truck and when I pulled the old seat out I found a picture of Sister Mary and some kind of necklace/ pendant taped to the seat behind the seat cover. I am in no way a believer in ghost or spirits, but it gave me chills and you can bet your tail that I put it right back on my new seat. The guy I bought it from said he didn’t put it there either. I’m sure somebody that felt she would protect the driver / truck believed in it so I will never take it out. If I ever sell the truck it will stay with it and I want ever tell the new owner about it either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -