Running Ads on RJ

Old 06-08-2009, 07:33 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Default Running Ads on RJ

I have recently noticed a number of long term sellers are not posting ads on RJ and have not done for quite some time. I am sure it has to do with the economy and the cut throat offers they have received.

I sincerely feel for them. For some, this is an extension of their livelyhood. Its how they pay their bills. They provide a service to us, the consumer, by providing very competative pricing for aftermarket and OEM products. When times get tough, they are the first to feel the stress of the economy. Its not like there is a hugh markup on any of the items they sell, but just maybe if they are able to sell a few items and make a little bit of profit on each item, it just might keep the lights on one more month.

For months now, I also have seen the trickle down effect the economy has had on guys like me who tend to sell a few parts that are sitting on the shelf inorder to pay for the next new, bigger and better project.

With the low ball offers I am receiving on the few parts I have listed it is very discouraging to open my messages. And to top that, it just kind of Pi$$e$ a guy off when he has been low balled by 50 percent of his asking price. And the scams are just piling up.

Can't wait for thing to turn around.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:38 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

got to remember most guys buying are strapped for cash also but want it and want it as cheap as possible. I get low balled I say no thanks, someone will come along or I will keep it
Old 06-08-2009, 07:41 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

IT JUST REFLECTS WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE ECONOMY . MONEY GETS TIGHT , THE FIRST THING TO GET CUT IS HOBBY MONEY. :cry: :cry:
Old 06-08-2009, 07:55 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Ashbros you are right i am also one of those long time dealers on RJ almost five years now and i just called RJ and told them that i was cutting my ad's on here of course they try to keep us from doing it and i understand they also don't want to lose the money coming in also.
But if the pay out is more than what is coming in what other choice do you have.
My rep has sent me emails and i appreciate the help that Rj has offered and the things that they want me to look at and i have but it still has not produced any more sales so i have to make cut backs anywhere i can to keep the doors open.

And you are also right about people trying to low ball you on parts i had a guy call today and try to cut me a 100.00 dollars on a new bte gear set and then include shipping . i wish i could buy them that cheap and I'm a bte dealer.

I hope i can stay on rj after make a cut back on my ad's but if not then i will just have to drop them altogether and hope that the local sells pick up.

Good luck to all and i wish a good year to everyone.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:11 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

If you are not embarrassed to make the offer, The offer isn't low enough.

Thats the motto these days.

And yes you are correct about shipping, everyone thinks it should be included in the sale price.

Hammertime you are also correct, keeper her on the shelf until the right buyer comes along......... They Will...
Old 06-09-2009, 06:34 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
IT JUST REFLECTS WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE ECONOMY . MONEY GETS TIGHT , THE FIRST THING TO GET CUT IS HOBBY MONEY. :cry: :cry:
Absoletely correct.

Dave
Old 06-09-2009, 07:16 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

im guilty of low balling but on ads with no price other wise i try to get close im trying to sell/trade my truck cause i need room for family was 3 now 4 wife even said if i got a trde offer that was a truck just not so high (so she could use for work) to go for it but i dont try to get too fae from my asking price in offer and most w/o price i start with " dont mean to insult but look at ad 1527355