Kentucky Speed and Performance (UPDATE)

Old 02-16-2009, 06:16 AM
Sox
CRAFTSMAN

Just to let everybody know I contacted Quick-Fuel and they have not even built the carb yet.How in the hell can you sell Carbs to someone and tell them 4-5 days and they have not even built it yet.That aint good bus. practice.It aint shipping .Kentucky Speed needs to get thier shit together.I should have went to Jegs..
Old 02-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Sox
CRAFTSMAN

Hers is another one.Now he tells me that he could have sent one from his shop he has them in stock.Why in the hell would he call Quickfuel for one if he has them in stock.Dont buy from this guy he"s a BULLSHITTER!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:43 AM
bugzzy1
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Yours may have been sent, and he's just re-stocking.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Sox
CRAFTSMAN

He has not sent anything.I just told me that he has them in stock.Why not send me one from the begining from his stock.He said he was out of town and so he said Quickfuel would send one.He also said he would go above and beyond to fix this.Well Im the one that called Quickfuel not him.He wont even call me.i called him last week and got no call back.He needs to work on his customer service.Im only asking for what i paid good money for nothing else.Im telling you all to stay away from this guy.Free Advice..
Old 02-16-2009, 02:07 PM
kyspeedparts
CRAFTSMAN

Default Kentucky Speed & Performance

Please let me start by saying that SOX did not recieve his carberator. Every one in a while you'll run into guys like this. The type of person that no matter what you do, he will never be satisfied. When SOX called me Sunday a week ago, I was in Moultrie, GA at a show. I took his order and said that he should expect his carb by the end of the week. I then e-mailed my rep at Quick Fuel that day because I knew I wouldn't be back into the shop until Tuesday. This was to keep from delaying shipment of his carb. Apparently, Quick Fuel was out of parts and could not send his carb. I have not ran into that situation with them before. I placed the order with them and normally it ships, no problem. I should have double checked the order, but failed to. My fault. I told SOX that I had those carbs in stock and would send him one myself if Quick Fuel hadn't sent him one. He asked me why I didn't do this in the first place...Again, I told him that I explained this to him in a previous e-mail as to why I tried shipping from Quick Fuel...To save time. I have e-mailed him several times about this situation and called and left a message to resolve it before I read this thread, but he's thick headed. I have a very good reputation and try my damndest to do everything I say. I would rather not even deal with guys like him. I sold him a brand new carb much cheaper than he could buy one from Jegs and because I tried to do the right thing, he get's on here and tries to bash me. Real classy!!! I have sold parts on this website (probably a few thousand) and have not had anyone give me any trouble. Sorry guys, but I thought I needed to let everyone know what the "WHOLE STORY" was. Anyone has any questions, please feel free to call me.. I am not afraid to post my phone number 859-647-7223. Thanks for listening, Dwight.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Sox
CRAFTSMAN

The problem started when you told me I would have it Thursday or Friday.You did not tell anything other than you would ship right away.I thought you ment Monday.You never said anything else other than I would have it Thursday or Friday.You dont know me from jack so your going to call me thick headed. You also stated you would fix it.I called Quick Fuel to find out the problem not you. Im the buyer all that I wanted what what told to me.Your communications needs a little help.Did you also tell them I called you and you never called me back till now.I will call you now and see what your story is.I have bought parts on here and never had a problem till now.The problem started when you did not tell me you were out of town you led me to believe you would ship on Monday and I would have it Thursday or Friday.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:36 PM
whosyurdaddy
APPRENTICE

Default Re: Kentucky Speed & Performance

If you don't answer the phone why post the number .

Anyone has any questions, please feel free to call me.. I am not afraid to post my phone number 859-647-7223.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:05 PM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default My Thought-

If It were me he called with an order The first thing I would have done is let him know I had them in stock back at the shop but being as I was'nt at the shop he could'nt get it until I returned-Next I would have informed him That I could have him one sent from my supplier which could save time--Next I would have spent the dime & contacted My supplier & made sure it was available & going to Happen as promised-Im sure you meant well but it appears you was afraid of losing a sale--Sometimes its best to lose the sale & prevent the bull_ _ _ _..I can understand the frustration of Sox,When we pay for something promised to us at a certain time & it doesnt happen its really upsitting! It would be the same if you were on the recieving end-Im sure your a good guy with all the good intentions in the world & I would'nt be afraid to buy from you because this isnt a ripoff,Its just not a real professional selling job..One last thing before I finish sharing my personal opinion with everyone-The Buyer should NEVER NEVER have to call the seller about an item that has been purchased from them--To Call is frustrating but to call & No answer is really Frustrating-I appreciate your taking time to read my opinion,I buy lots of parts & I sell a few--I have seen it on both ends--Again,Thanx..
Old 08-14-2009, 08:12 PM
transam4357
JOURNEYMAN

wow i buy from ky speed alot and this is the first i have heard of anything bad about them. sox sorry to hear about your trouble. ky speed step it up man you guys are great and lets keep it that was. thick headed customer or not.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:41 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default KY SPEED

I HAD A SMALL ORDER (ABOUT $85) ABOUT A YEAR OR SO AGO WITH THESE GUYS AND IT WAS A MESS,WRONG PLUG WIRES,NOT THE CORRECT PARTS, EXPLAINED THAT TO THEM THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME POSTAL FEES FOR RETURN OR RESTOCKING,THAN A FEW UNRETURNED CALLS NEVER GOT IT IRONED OUT. I DID SPEAK TO DWIGHT HE SAID HE WOULD MAKE AN EFFORT TO HELP OUT, THAT DID NOT HAPPEN.SORTA "WE PROMISE NOTHING AND WE DELIVER" WAY OF THINKING
IN THIS DAY AND AGE OF THE INTERNET IT HAS CHANGED THE WAY WE DO BUSNIESS, WE ARE DEALING WITH EMAILS PHONE CALLS (PEOPLE WE NEVER SEE) .
ANYWAY I DO ABOUT 10K TO 15K IN INTERNET PARTS BUYING ANNUALLY. THATS JUST IN SMALL PARTS, PLUGS, WIRES, CAPS CARBS INTAKES, CAMS ETC, AND KY SPEED PARTS LOST ME AS A CUSTOMER FOR $85. THAT IS POOR BUSNIESS. TYPICALLY I START VENDORS WITH A SMALL ORDER USUALLY THE AD THEY ARE POSTING (IF I NEED THE PARTS) THAT IS WHAT I DID WITH KY SPEED PARTS.
I DID SEE DWIGHT/ THE COMPANY AT THE EXPO IN SCHAUMBURG IL AND THEY SEEMED TO BE BUSY WHEN I EXPLAINED WHAT HAPPENED TO ME THEY JUST RESPONDED WITH SORRY.

I WORK AN 8 TO 5 FOR A BIG COMPANY AND HAVE HAD A SMALL BUSNIESS FOR OVER 25 YEARS,
I HAVE NEVER ADVERTISED I HAVE LET MY WORK AND WORK ETHIC SPEAK FOR MY COMPANY, AND HAVE MORE WORK THAN EVER, ALL OF MY CUSTOMERS HAVE BEEN BY WORD OF MOUTH. (AND THEY DO GET A BIRD DOG FEE WHEN THEY GET ME A CUSTOMER) I WOULD NOT HAVE WRITTEN THIS BUT DWIGHT MADE A CLAIM THAT HE HAS HAD NO PROBLEMS.
ALSO: KENTUCKY SPEED YOU CAN RUN YOUR BUSNIESS ANYWAY YOU WANT, MANY FOLKS HAVE FOUGHT TO GIVE YOU THAT RIGHT......BUT I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT YOU NEED TO CONDUCT YOURSELF WITH THE CUSTOMER IN MIND SO BE CUSTOMER FOCUSED, THE SMALL ORDER MAY LEAD TO ALOT MORE....,,, ONE OF THE WORST THINGS YOU CAN DO IS GIVE LIP SERVICE AND BY ALL MEANS DO NOT CALL A CUSTOMER A NAME ON A PUBLIC FORUM. I WILL BET THAT HURT YOUR BUSNIESS A LITTLE. IF YOU NEED TO TALK TO ME MY CELL NUMBER IS 708-308-0282 AND MY NAME IS JEFF
I KNOW I MAY HAVE A SMALL COMPANY MENTALITY, BUT I AM PRETTY SURE THAT IS OK
SORRY FOR ALL THIS RECTORIC BUT I FOUND THIS POST COMPELLING TO RESPOND TOO. AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN THE WAY WE DO BUSNIESS NOW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -