To re-ring or not?

Old 12-07-2008, 02:04 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Isky Red Zones are being used by alot of top engine builders. I went overkill and went with Isky EZX .904. Not cheap but how much is your engine worth? I'm glad i didn't get in a hurry this last summer with my engine, as i saw Crane Ultra's fail,Crower HIPPO's fail and 2 sets of Comp's. You might get lucky and get a good set but i wasn't going to take that chance. I couldn't afford to build it twice. JM 2 cents.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by tcarda
Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by BEAST477
I would stay away from the Comp lifters from what i've seen.

my 2 cents
x2 the one I had break was a comp and was not very old either
I have Comp lifters with about 80 passes on them and from what I am reading I think I had better upgrade them before one fails and ruins a lot of other parts. What are some good lifters to get and where are the best prices on them for a BBC? Thanks.
I should say the problem I had was several years ago AND they were the cheaper COMP lifter not their top shelf stuff.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:41 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by tcarda
Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by BEAST477
I would stay away from the Comp lifters from what i've seen.

my 2 cents
x2 the one I had break was a comp and was not very old either
I have Comp lifters with about 80 passes on them and from what I am reading I think I had better upgrade them before one fails and ruins a lot of other parts. What are some good lifters to get and where are the best prices on them for a BBC? Thanks.
Morel Lifters no doubt the best on the market for the money.
They make them for several brands. I've seen most every brand fail at some point, not seen a Morel lifter fail yet.