summit racing?

Old 05-21-2008, 12:48 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Thanks for the kind words guy's i do try very hard to take care of my customers it is the only way to be i feel .

I am very competitive with Jegs and summit and beat there price most of the time and if i cant i will tell you so.

B juice and lively know that i will do what ever it takes they have seen some of the response from others.

Oh thanks Dave for the referral on the K&R parts your friend bought his from me nice guy.

so if i can be of any help just give me a call or drop me a line. Thanks Ron
Old 05-21-2008, 02:45 PM
daddylynch
SENIOR BUILDER

We just signed with a huge Motorsports warehouse. Basicly we can get anything Jegs or summit has and we can at least match their prices, and give you the absolute best Customer service we can.Right now we are in the process of moving into our first Store Front.It is located in a pretty good size building that also houses a Fab Shop and restoration shop.We are even carrying Roundy Round parts now !! Anyway, if we can help anybody out, we certainly will.
Oh and Brian, we will be heading through S.C. next month so please send me your # again !!!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:26 PM
sg1586
MASTER BUILDER

I agree with others have said about Ron Owens Racing. Great guy and will go the extra mile for you and do what it takes!!!!

What I like about Ron Owens Racing is when you call him you speak to Ron!!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 05:36 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

i agree to support local first, but if your gonna buy jegs or summit both are good. one thing to remember is you don't pay sales tax on mail order unless the business is in your state. think that's not much try buying a block, heads, intake, pistons, ect and take 7% or more off. it does add up. I live in Ga so i by a lot of parts from jegs because summit has a store in Ga. Both charge a flat $10 shipping fee no matter if it's a $20 order or $2,000 order. As far as customer service, both are good and i have sent plenty of items back. BUT PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHOP BECAUSE HE PROBABLY HAS THE EXPERIENCE TO INSTALL WHAT HE SELLS AND WILL HELP YOU IF YOU NEED HIM!!!
Old 05-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I have used Summit exclusivly for years & had zero problems. They have like 4 werehouses in different states & ship pronto. It is rare they don't hae something in stock. good luck!!
Old 05-26-2008, 09:01 PM
mr950
SHOW GUEST

Default Summitt Racing

Also try Competition Products.com Very , very good pricing on parts. They don't carry everything, but I have had real good luck with them. Who's this Ron guy every one is talking about? Good luck and support your local guy's if possible!
Old 05-26-2008, 10:28 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Re: Summitt Racing

Originally Posted by mr950
Who's this Ron guy every one is talking about? Good luck and support your local guy's if possible!
Ron Owens in Florence, KY. He's a great guy to deal with and he will do what he says and then some. Here's his site. http://ronowensracing.com/
Old 05-27-2008, 06:11 AM
mr950
SHOW GUEST

Default Summitt racing

Thanks Chuck, good lookin ride!
Old 05-27-2008, 06:59 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

I try to buy from the local speed shops too. They need the business more than Jegs or Summit.
Wise Speed Shop is about two miles from my house and Jerry Bickel is about 4 miles. So I'm covered.
Plus my two boys work at Wise part time.