food for thought

Old 05-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I NEVER put my hand over my heart during the singing of the National Anthem, and the last time I said the Pledge of Allegance was probably when I was in school. Does that mean I don't care about this country? NO it doesn't.
It means that I NEVER put my hand over my heart during the singing of the National Anthem, and the last time I said the Pledge of Allegance was probably when I was in school, that's all. I am not an Obama supporter just pointing out that in my opinion some people read too much into little things. Now if he has openly refused to say the pledge then that is a bit different.I don't know if he has or hasn't...don't keep up on that stuff too well.

JMO
Old 05-20-2008, 02:56 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
I NEVER put my hand over my heart during the singing of the National Anthem
How come?I'm not gonna judge you or anything just honestly curious.Of course,it's really none of my business what you do and don't do,so don't even respond if you don't want to.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by olds48
Originally Posted by Tod74
I NEVER put my hand over my heart during the singing of the National Anthem
How come?I'm not gonna judge you or anything just honestly curious.Of course,it's really none of my business what you do and don't do,so don't even respond if you don't want to.
I don't purposely NOT put it there...I just never remember to do it.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:13 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

tod74, ive been a member for a very short time. i have a few people that i enjoy reading there answers to posts.yours is one of them so if i offended you im sorry . but you aint running to be the president either.ive read his comments on this and a few other questionable things also. like he quit wearing his label pin.the flag.and his wifes comments and i do question his loyality as do many, many others. i was raised to put my hand over my heart by my dad and my teachers andmillon others i saw on tv and in person do it.i also have not said the plege as i havent been put in position to do so.to me and a millon others it is a sign of respect to put your hand over your heart. i quess im old school cause i still pull over for funerals and if possible get out and take off my hat and put it over mt heart.even if i didnt know the person, which i usually dont.no sir im not questioning your loyality but i do a man that wants to run my country. thats a big job and all i ask is to show my country the respect shes due. so again if i offended you im sorry because that was not my intension.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
tod74, ive been a member for a very short time. i have a few people that i enjoy reading there answers to posts.yours is one of them so if i offended you im sorry . but you aint running to be the president either.ive read his comments on this and a few other questionable things also. like he quit wearing his label pin.the flag.and his wifes comments and i do question his loyality as do many, many others. i was raised to put my hand over my heart by my dad and my teachers andmillon others i saw on tv and in person do it.i also have not said the plege as i havent been put in position to do so.to me and a millon others it is a sign of respect to put your hand over your heart. i quess im old school cause i still pull over for funerals and if possible get out and take off my hat and put it over mt heart.even if i didnt know the person, which i usually dont.no sir im not questioning your loyality but i do a man that wants to run my country. thats a big job and all i ask is to show my country the respect shes due. so again if i offended you im sorry because that was not my intension.
good post. Like I said I am not an Obama supporter and I do not know the background of all of the controversy around his pledge/ flag/ national anthem deal.I was taught as a child to place my hand over my heart during the pledge..and during the national anthem it was" stand up , hats off, mouth shut" so yeah my father made sure we knew to respect the country and those who died for it. He is a veteran himself. Didn't mean to sound as though I didn't.

You make a VERY valid point about me not being in the same position as him. Absolutely no offense taken.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:45 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

thanks for the post. i was really worried that i did offend you.i have made more tan enough eneimies than i care to remember. i would rather make friends these days. to old and tired to deal with bs. i was just letting out my opinon on a very important issue to me.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:08 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

> As you may have heard, the President and Congress have said each and every one of us will soon get a nice rebate 'gift.'
>
> If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China .
>
> If we spend it on gasoline, it will all go to the Arabs.
>
> It we purchase a computer, it will all go to India .
>
> If we purchase fruit and vegetables, it will all go to Mexico , Honduras , and Guatemala .
>
> If we purchase a good car, it will all go to Japan .
>
> If we purchase useless crap, it will all go to Taiwan , and none of it (aside from the sales tax) will help the American economy.
>
> We need to keep that money here in America , so tell all your friends to buy Jack Daniel's whisky, and beer, since those are the only businesses still in the US .
Old 05-30-2008, 06:02 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

don't we still make cigarettes here? if so that makes us some whisky
drinking beer swollowing smoking tax rebate spending hotrod
gas tire burning out of control hotdog eating americans :lol:
enough said :P
Old 05-30-2008, 08:44 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Now, don't yall forget about Jim Beam, that there is some good tanglefoot.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Gentlemen- I too am new to this site... kept quiet for a long time reading to see what kind of people frequent this place. I like what I see!! I am from a very Liberal state that has it all... loggers, hunters, hippies, & yes, some Obama lovers... I am in Oregon. I am 38, rasied w/ military family & if the Pledge is going, hats off, hand over heart & stand at attention looking at the flag!! Hats off at donner. Yes sir/maam & don't disrespect those elders... many of them FOUGHT for us to make poor choices & complain about what is nothing compaired to what they sacrificed. My oipinion: Obama is bad for America... does not respect what this counrty has painfully sacrificed to put an IDIOT like him in office. He has 143 logged TOTAL hours with the senate... its a fact & I am NOT "eading too much into anything" here! Green, wet behind the ears, belonged to a racial chruch, muslim chruch, & wants to "save Africa" we are in for BIG trouble if he is elected... make no mistake about it. Those are only a few facts we know about this fool. I am proud to chat to folks who HOLD THIER BIBLES... you are my kind of folks. Now, If I can get some tips on race motors/prostreet, it's a bonus... good night to you all & keep prayin'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -