Should I Weld It Myself Or Pay A Pro?

Old 03-05-2008, 05:17 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

A few years ago I saw a '68 camaro go through the finish line at over 100mph sliding on the frame, The whole rearend came out about the 1000' mark. I'd save the money to have a professional do things before I'd take any chances.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:54 PM
topgunracecars
SHOW GUEST

Default GOOD FEEDBACK

I BUILD RACE CARS FOR A LIVING . PLEASE REMEMBER SAFETY FIRST !!!
TIG WELDING IS THE BEST. NEVER TRY TO SAVE MONEY WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR LIFE AND OTHERS. COLD WELDS KILL PEOPLE.
HAVE A WELDER THATS GOOD CHECK YOUR WORK ON SCRAP FIRST.
GOOD LUCK & BE SAFE
Old 03-20-2008, 11:05 AM
jmech
JOURNEYMAN

This is a molly car that i built myself after practicing about 40 hours with my tig. I have about 200 hours into design, fabrication and welding. Its not rocket science. It takes tons of patiance, a lot of research, a steady hand and good eye sight. If you can't see good it doesn't matter how talented you are you can't weld. I say practice, do some research, show someone with excperiance your welding and go for it.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:03 AM
racer427
SHOW GUEST

Default Welding 101

Don't play with saftey, Let a professional help. That's what they get paid for. You must know your limitation when your life is on the line . Don't foget , that there is other people counting on safe cars. The car in the other lane counts on you not crossing over into him/her.