hush mat interior insullation

Old 11-08-2012, 07:46 AM
kenrod37
SHOW GUEST

Default hush mat interior insullation

I'am putting hush mat on my streetrod, very hot and uncomfortable { no air} will putting the hush mat under the car floor boards help or is it not recommended for exterior use? mufflers are right under the drivers seat. will it adhear to the underside of the floorboards? Thanks Ken
Old 11-13-2012, 04:59 PM
todd8525
JOURNEYMAN

Default too hot

I've done several restorations on cars as well as a few glass rods.The hush shield and dyna mat systems are said to be for interior use only.Not sayin your car is glass but ever sit in a glass unprotected car?
LOUD. Cover all areas u can.Wheel tubs inside doors... there is a stainless and cloth type muffler heat shields in both bolt on and stick on apps. i order from jegs.The rubberized products simular to spray on box liners work well as well.(i've allways farmed this step out)but do make a do it yourself kit available at some big auto supply stores.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Go top one of your local home imporvement centers and look at the insulation kit for the heater box for home use. It's fire resistant, about an inch thick, silver on one side and plain on the other. I cut it to fit and put it between the exhaust system and the aluminum floor.