lil weird to get us too

Old 02-19-2012, 09:34 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I think the story is a little deeper than the public knows with Larry dickson leaving Alan Johnson, i think in the background Larry was a whinner, just like Whit Basmore was with Shumaker racing (he couldn't even get along with his teammates)and team owners donot not need that kind of crap. If you can recall no one will hire Whit Basmore and it's very possible that Dickson is in the same shoes, just a guess.

About NHRA, my problem with them is that you cannot run an event that's NHRA if you donot not have a certied chassis even though you can go thru tech and be cleared. It cost $250.00/350.00 the get the chassis certified and if you don't have it you cannot run. We don't have an NHRA track within 200 mi. of where i live, they are all IHRA tracks, where we can run if you pass tech (it takes longer in the tech line but you can run) unfortunely most of the tracks in Ms. and La. are outlaw tracks and unless you are really fast they donot even loook at the car close (which is dangerous to everyone racing) most of the tracks donot have EMT's at the track, i'm not worried about me (my car is certifiable) but the others that are not.

Zip.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:12 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

I hear ya Zip. I have seen a few cars at my track that I never hope to run beside.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:51 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well i love the outlaw tracks. its giving the backyard, garage builders a chance to race. better on the track than on the street. so they say. i always liked the street better anyway.nostalga racing and i mean the real back in the day cars couldnt [pass modern tech anyway. and thats the racing i love.i love being lined up against a old 60s drag car thats brought out of retirement.or a car that some guys dad built and raced back in the day. its fun and exciting.and just a tad dangerous.lol