TURBO OR POWERGLIDE ? ANYONE WITH REAL EXPIERENCE ??

Old 01-08-2011, 06:57 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Default More is faster than less

Originally Posted by coloradoracerguy
I respectfully disagree with the "more consistant" part. Easier to get consistant with, yes. More consistant, no.............I'm living proof of that.......... :D

My vote is still the TH400

More gears will always be faster than less gears in the 1/4 mile, Pro stock uses 5 for that very reason. If they had only 2 gears they would be closer in ET, and a lot SLOWER for sure!
Two speeds are better suited for 1/8th mile 4.50 ET stuff in my opinion, a good example is the Texas Pro stockers. They run single carb BBC I thinK 582", and they require a slush box trans. They run 1/8 th mile, which is all they run and yes they are all very close together in ET. Not fast though.
Bruce
Old 01-09-2011, 06:10 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: More is faster than less

Originally Posted by TopspeedLowet
Originally Posted by coloradoracerguy
I respectfully disagree with the "more consistant" part. Easier to get consistant with, yes. More consistant, no.............I'm living proof of that..........

My vote is still the TH400

More gears will always be faster than less gears in the 1/4 mile, Pro stock uses 5 for that very reason. If they had only 2 gears they would be closer in ET, and a lot SLOWER for sure!
Two speeds are better suited for 1/8th mile 4.50 ET stuff in my opinion, a good example is the Texas Pro stockers. They run single carb BBC I thinK 582", and they require a slush box trans. They run 1/8 th mile, which is all they run and yes they are all very close together in ET. Not fast though.
Bruce
I agree, glides are more suited for 1/8 mile, good point.