System 1 Filters

Old 03-28-2009, 06:00 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Default System 1 Filters

Has anyone had any experience with System 1 oil filters? I have one on a car I purchased with a 555 BBC alcohol engine and was wondering if I should continue running it or change it out for some other filter system. I have researched the System 1 and found that some big name nitro teams run it.

http://www.system1filters.com/about.htm
Old 03-28-2009, 06:35 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

We have run them on two different cars for years, BBC and SBC, and I just bought another for a third car. They work fine, make it easy check for metal. The filter media is not as fine as a paper filter but if it is on a drag car filters are more of a detection device than a necessary item in my opinion. We change our oil soon enough that it could run in my street car with no problem so what is the filter doing? My two cents.

Curtis
Old 03-28-2009, 06:43 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

That's what I was thinking, Curtis. Being that I'm running alcohol, I will be changing oil after every weekend and the filter does filter down to 30 microns. It will also be easy to flush the filter over a filter paper to check for fines.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:27 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I have been running a system 1 for several years and I wouldn't run without one. If I don't do anything else between weekends I check that filter. It has saved me from a little problem becoming a big one several times. Keep in mind there is going to be some stuff in it every time you open it up. With mine it's a very fine non-ferrous material. If you check it every week you will know what is normal for your engine and if it changes then you know you have to take a closer look.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:59 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

I'm with these guys, RUN IT :!: