Valve Springs

Old 03-05-2009, 02:41 AM
showbusiness
CRAFTSMAN

Default Valve Springs

Thanks for all input ,any info on where to buy any of brands listed and pricing would be helpful in making THAT decision.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:37 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Valve Springs

Originally Posted by showbusiness
Thanks for all input ,any info on where to buy any of brands listed and pricing would be helpful in making THAT decision.
Competition products
Old 03-05-2009, 06:09 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

yea tod, competition has real good people, bought my lunati
roller springs there w/seals, good prices :wink:
Old 03-05-2009, 07:41 AM
b1valiant
APPRENTICE

Well do your research. Like most of this stuff only a select few companies actually make the products you buy. Most of the names I have seen suggested here DO NOT manufacture their product. PAC does. Oh yeah dont bury your head in the sand either. Any company making a spring if it is truly any good is buying their steel from Japan. Kobe steel, much like Kobe beef is arguably the best stuff in the world. Look around and ask the questions.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:31 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

PSI, for me 100%,
and by the way Holly just went into some kind of bankrupsy, and they offered lonati back to Joe Lonati, a lot cheaper than the millions that they paid him for it, joe said no thanks. So Comp Cams bought Lonati and is now running both companies and going wide open.

Zip.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:29 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I was just informed that all of Isky springs are PSI, way to go Isky. I've bought a couple sets from a top NASCAR team, that are all PSI and i'm told that's all they use. The springs i bought have 400 laps on them and the spring pressure checked out as new at the installed height. Now i'm not suggesting that you buy used springs, but i've bought these springs at the most of $42.00 per set, will i run them, you bet i will, Devil beware, i'll be at the track with them. That's my story and i'm sticking to it.

Zip.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
I was just informed that all of Isky springs are PSI, way to go Isky. I've bought a couple sets from a Hendricks NASCAR team, that are all PSI and i'm told that's all they use. The springs i bought have 400 laps on them and the spring pressure checked out as new at the installed height. Now i'm not suggesting that you buy used springs, but i've bought these springs at the most of $42.00 per set, will i run them, you bet i will, Devil beware, i'll be at the track with them. That's my story and i'm sticking to it.

Zip.
Zip what's your opinion of pushrods that came from a cup team? EBAY is full of them and there are some good prices and almost any length you want.Are they gona be shot ya think?
Old 03-07-2009, 09:17 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

If i could find a set of Nascar pushrods to the length i need i'd buy them, but most of them are for SB2.2 heads and won't fit my application, so i'm stuck with Manton's at near 30.00 each.

Zip.