do not ship to this usa address they are scum bags

Old 12-19-2008, 06:34 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I also have been taken by credit card and i have had one with pay pal because i sent it without a signature because the customer said there would nobody home to sign for it .

Well UPS said it was left at the side door of the house but the customer said they didn't get it . The strange part was i offered to ship it again and file it with UPS and they said no they just wanted a refund that they had to get it somewhere else .

I did file it with UPS and never got anything because they say it was delivered to that address. I LOST

Now unless i have dealt with the person before it has to be signed for it is not easy to get your money the credit card companies will take the side of the card holder if it is over the net.

I have a lot of customers that want me to ship like this so most of the time i ask if i can ship to there work place because i need a signature .
Old 12-19-2008, 07:28 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

(Quote)
we have had no problems with paypal & been with them 10 years, over 6080 customers have paid us, we are on ebay with 10,000 + feedback under seller name richdesbiens crooks are the problem here not paypal.

I have to agree with this statement, i've been with Paypal since 2001, and have only had one incident, and that was on something i bought off ebay was the item was never shipped. I filed a claim and got 75% of my money back, because ebay took 25% for filing the claim. the claim was only $107.00. I want take personal checks unless i know the person or have spoken to them many times such as here on RJ, by the same token i want send a personal check, only a Postal MO or pay with paypal all tracked. I don't sell a lot, but my transaction on ebay are 100%
BUT, i guess i will now ask for a signature on everything shipped. It almost sounds hippocritical, because i'm pretty good friends with my ups guy and almost never sign for anything, unless it's stipulated.

Zip.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:19 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Ya Zip i have only had one problem with pay pal .
But the real problem begins when you ship the item and it gets dropped with out a signature then you have no proof it's your word against the shipping company or there driver because they left the item and why wouldn't they but the credit card company will take the money right back out of your account if the customer file's a complaint.

It has happened to me and I'm sure plenty more.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:28 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

WELL GUYS I FOUGHT USING PAYPAL SEVERAL YEARS FOR MY EBAY ACCOUNT THEN I GAVE IN ---I HAD A CLAIM ON AN ITEM I BOUGHT[ NEVER RECIEVED/WENT THRU PAYPALS IGNORANCE-STALLING-NOT GETTING THINGS DONE]--THEN WAS TOLD I WAITED TOO LONG TO FILE :twisted: :twisted:
I NEVER GOT MY ITEM OR MY MONEY BACK--LEFT THE GUY A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK[ BY THE WAY I GOT A NEGATIVE ONE IN RETURN FROM THIS SCUMBAG]--HE ALSO HAD SOLD OVER 5000 ITEMS ON 2 DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS AND HAD TONS OF NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS THAT I FOUND DURING MY DIGGING ON THIS CROOK :roll: :roll:

I STILL PAYPAL IS CROOKED ALONG WITH THEIR FORCED USE ON EBAY NOW---I WILL TAKE A POSTAL MONEY ORDER OVER PAYPAL ANY TIME I CAN :? :?
MY 2 CENTS WORTH
LIVELY
Old 12-19-2008, 10:09 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Lively I'm not crazy about pay pal but you would be amazed at how many people ask if i take pay pal and i have for 2 or 3 years and so far i have only had one problem with them but a good friend of mine that bought a body kit off E-bay last year got took for a little over 800 dollars and he fought that deal for months and never did get the parts or his money.

I don't sell on ebay i tried it and it wasn't worth all the crap plus there not cheap to run on there either not what i thought it would be.

Just be careful when shipping stuff make sure that you get a signature that is the only proof that you have .

I have to take credit cards and pay-pal other wise you couldn't sell anything and most people don't want to send a check or money order.

I have stopped shipping cod also you wouldn't think you could get burned there but you can i have several times if they don't take the shipment or there never there or go pick it up you will get your stuff back but you also will pay the shipping again and if more than one package make sure they all are marked cod iv lost parts like that also they will leave the one's that are not marked although the tag may say 1 of 2 or 3 . Just Be Careful Sorry for all the rambling.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I have over 500 feedbacks on ebay and have used Paypal since day one both for purchases and sales. I have never had an issue, I always make sure the Paypal buyer is "verified" and I have some pretty strict restrictions on the bidders for ebay. If I even think it just a little bit dicey I remove their bid and block them. With Paypal you only have 45 days as a buyer to make a claim if you never recieved your merchandise. Yes there are some fees involved but its worth it to get my money ASAP and I ship the next day. My feedback is at 100% with only one negative from some jerk about 5 years ago who just would not pay for his purchase. I ship UPS ground on everything, insure it if its worth more than $100 and ALWAYs make sure to get a signature.

Chris
Old 12-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
WELL GUYS I FOUGHT USING PAYPAL SEVERAL YEARS FOR MY EBAY ACCOUNT THEN I GAVE IN ---I HAD A CLAIM ON AN ITEM I BOUGHT[ NEVER RECIEVED/WENT THRU PAYPALS IGNORANCE-STALLING-NOT GETTING THINGS DONE]--THEN WAS TOLD I WAITED TOO LONG TO FILE :twisted: :twisted:
I NEVER GOT MY ITEM OR MY MONEY BACK--LEFT THE GUY A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK[ BY THE WAY I GOT A NEGATIVE ONE IN RETURN FROM THIS SCUMBAG]--HE ALSO HAD SOLD OVER 5000 ITEMS ON 2 DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS AND HAD TONS OF NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS THAT I FOUND DURING MY DIGGING ON THIS CROOK :roll: :roll:

I STILL PAYPAL IS CROOKED ALONG WITH THEIR FORCED USE ON EBAY NOW---I WILL TAKE A POSTAL MONEY ORDER OVER PAYPAL ANY TIME I CAN :? :?
MY 2 CENTS WORTH
LIVELY
Lively, I couldn't agree more. The best thing I ever did was shut down my Ebay account and cancel my paypal account. I only sell the few parts I have at swap meets where I can look the buyer in the eye.

The great thing also is my email box doesn't fill up with Ebay junk.

For those that have made "Evilbay" and Paypal work congrats and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

And by the way Happy Holidays gentlemen!

Scorp
Old 12-19-2008, 06:39 PM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

I have used pay pal many times both buying and selling and have only had one problem. A guy bought a car from me payed the deposit but never payed the balance. I resold the car and then he filed a dispute with pay pal. When they got the info on the transaction they sided with me. It only took me one day to get it resolved. I think the problem is more with the crooks buying your stuff than with pay pal. I will remember about the signature every time. Good advice. :wink:
Old 12-19-2008, 07:24 PM
fishmanjoe
JUNIOR BUILDER

wOW!I read all these horror stories about buying over the net and I am glad I buy and sell stuff only by looki8ng in someones"eyes.You can call me oldfashion.I guess being retired,I have the time to travel to buy or sell something.I hate to say it,but I like my money too much to have some dirtball try to beat me out of it.BE careful guys and watch your money!FISHMANJOE
Old 12-19-2008, 09:26 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I don't think it is a problem buying over the net it is the people trying to rip people off over the net.

The net has been a good thing for my business and i have been ripped off that's why i said make sure to get a signature when shipping because it is your only proof . how can you prove that it was delivered other than with the shipping company.

And then it is your word against there's and they are not going to pay for it because they did leave it.

And even taking credit cards don't mean that you are going to get paid unless you can prove that they have it .

The net. is a very valuable tool to a business and with out it you would loose thousands of sales .

I always tell my customers if they have a doubt about me please look me up before they make a purchase i want my customers to know that what they purchase from me they will get what they ordered.

Just be careful and check on who you are dealing with.
Thanks Ron