looks like shes gona blow

Old 09-03-2008, 02:59 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Update

Well i got lucky, dodged the bullit, i was up all nite, and watching everything, it finally stoped raining about noon today and the water is reciding. the water came within 1" of comming into the house Whew!!! but it didn't. I still have 4 to 6" of water in the yard and i haven't been out to the shop yet( no wadders in the house. But when it got light enough to see this morning i could still see 3 to 4' of the foundation at bottom of the shop walls. It's higher by about 8" than the lowest level of the house, so i think i got lucky there. I still can't see the 4ft sq. culvert at the cornor of my yard, but the water is going thru it. The whole yard looks like a trout stream heading to that culvert. To say i was concerned is an under statement, since i had my rental property flood 2 times this spring up in Miss. costing me well over $5,000.00 to fix and no flood insurance, because it's in a flood zone. Some of you know SS doesn't pay that much, so it's put a serious damper on my racing this yr. But i shall return :twisted: i didn't get this old by not being a fighter. :lol:

Zip.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:28 AM
topcat572
MASTER BUILDER

Default RUN

Hey Guys. Got the hotrod out Friday nite, blew a front tire on the dually, good start. Went to Franklinton and returned Sat to get the big truck which We stayed in. Got back home Thursday and finally got power back about 12 30 this morning. Only damage here was my new 20 X24 carport went for a ride. No water this time even though We had a 250 ft levee breech right up the road. I watched the army heliocopters drop sand bags for days, They are the real deal. Im going to leave everything up north while We wait to see what IKE is up to. Thanks for all concerned and good luck Dale and Zip.TC
Old 09-07-2008, 09:08 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: RUN

Originally Posted by topcat572
Hey Guys. Got the hotrod out Friday nite, blew a front tire on the dually, good start. Went to Franklinton and returned Sat to get the big truck which We stayed in. Got back home Thursday and finally got power back about 12 30 this morning. Only damage here was my new 20 X24 carport went for a ride. No water this time even though We had a 250 ft levee breech right up the road. I watched the army heliocopters drop sand bags for days, They are the real deal. Im going to leave everything up north while We wait to see what IKE is up to. Thanks for all concerned and good luck Dale and Zip.TC

Good to hear from ya last night !! I was wondering if all was well .. not to much damage so thats the good news !!
Old 09-07-2008, 12:57 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Yep TC, i'm glad everything worked out for you, i'm sure you already know Baton Rouge is a mess, with still close to a 1/2 mil people out of power, it's mess up here where i live 40 mi. southeast of Monroe, lot's of flooding I barely dodged the bullit but lot's of friends didn't. For us it was/is a lot worse than Katrina, but i know that's not the case by you. We can only hope that IKE, tones it's act down before it hits the coast. I personally have see more than my share of water this yr.

Zip.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:04 PM
macksstreetrod
JOURNEYMAN

Default made it home

Hey guys
made it back home Friday. we took the boat up river about 20 miles. Water came up bout 7- feet 70=80 wind ,no big deal. problem was when we went to come home, couldn't get out. :shock: we stayed on the boat as always, sure were ready to get off. Not much left to the dock, 8-10 baats that didnt leave are all up on the highway,about 10 feet water ,hith some pertty good wind , nothen nice here
capt.....Couldn't wait to go hug my cars all were well. THANKS guys for the good wishes, glad to see ok TC & Zip. Gona see if we can give thes guys a hand around here.. Later
Dale
ps
should have truck goen in week or so need test pilot TC driver has loc...