muffler question

Old 12-08-2007, 09:39 AM
shitstang
SHOW GUEST

Default muffler question

I dont know what category this would fall under so this was teh closest i guess.

Has anyone run the kooks mufflers yet, I cant find anyone that has them and how they like them. Im looking for a mufflers that are on the quiet side but flow very well.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:47 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

depending on how quite you wanna be..you gonna give up a little here for a little there...........and so on...

i have ran the bullet,flowmaster ( street strip car),,also spintech on a 10.5 car i had ..i was very pleased with spintech..

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-12-2007, 05:14 PM
henny
JUNIOR BUILDER

Hello
Sorry if I am hi jacking this thread, but is it possible to get round mufflers to run quiet
I wanted to go with side exhaust of my car, even by bolting a couple of round mufflers together for a longer muffler, but I have been told that the round ones won't be that quiet...dunno for sure
To run an exhaust under the car is going to be very difficult. I have little room and the chassis is x braced throught the bottom making clearance even worse( to run ovals)
thanks for any info
Tom
Old 12-12-2007, 07:07 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Tom..the spintech mufflers are designed just for cars like you just described..the are very flat rectangular shape and flow great..check them out..i ran a set on a 89 10.5 car i had 4 year ago before selling the car to a guy from Norfolk VA....the car ran 5.20's at 3300 lbs with a big block thru these spin tech mufflers..the car was a corporate sponsored TEST SPEC car by Southside suspension and built by K-town performance in Tenneesee...

the spintech's work for flow and clearence

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spin...ntechindex.asp

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-13-2007, 12:37 PM
henny
JUNIOR BUILDER

Hello Brian
I looked at the web site and e-mailed them for some more info. I hope there is a Cdn dealer but if not, I will have to buy direct
thanks very much
Tom
Old 12-15-2007, 04:36 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I have had Kook's mufflers on my car for 3 years now. They are the best muffler for the price without a question. Good people to deal with and provide outstanding customer service. If you would like, you can go into my profile photo gallery and look at the mufflers on the blue/green dragster.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:42 PM
lmchevy
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default mufflers

Check out the Dynomax ultraflows i believe they make a round version of them,i think the ultraflow mufflers sound good too.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:29 PM
henny
JUNIOR BUILDER

Hello shawnp. I did not see a link on your profile for pics. I would like to see them if you have the link
The Dynomax ultraflows, are they as quiet as the oval mufflers?
thanks
Tom
Old 12-17-2007, 05:38 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I run the dragster mufflers. The green and blue car sport the Kook's mufflers. The other mufflers you see on the other cars are Borla's. The Kook's without a douby are smaller, weigh less and are noticably more quite then the Borla mufflers. Again, they are an outstanding product and worth the call.

http://www.racingjunk.com/gallery/profile/4610