nitrious

Old 07-15-2013, 12:58 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hotrod1994
so no spray i got that part thanks it was just an idea id have to run a high gear instead of my 4.88 and pick up a nitrous converter anyway. i never siad i didn't like the answer!! i take all the info i get from you guys and put it to good use

yeah racing is the rich mans game but im out to prove the broke guys that build cars put of their single car garage can hang with the guys with tens of thousands of dollars. my dad and uncles did it and im gonna do the same regardless of who tells me different
What type racing you plan on doing ? What kind of racing did your folks do and how long ago ? Hey man I wish ya the BEST for real...let us know how it turns out.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-15-2013, 02:25 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I'm one of those 'little guys' also. If you want to play with the big dogs and beat them then you better research EVERY aspect of your racing program. It has to be a downright SCIENCE project that consumes you 1000 %. Cuz that is what THEY are doing AND have money to buy the BEST in parts and machine work.
Do you want to beat 'em just once or on a continuous basis ? Once, it'll take a bucket of money, repeatedly it will take dump trucks full of dough. Then you become 'one of them' !
You might want to start with a smaller goal, attain that, set a newer higher goal, attain that, and so on. EVERY goal that you attain, the information and experiences gained along the way will become priceless and absolutely necessary to make it to the top. You eat an elephant one bite at a time.
You will lose a LOT and win, MAYBE a few. Keeping the fire alive is your ULTIMATE challenge.
We're all here to advise in any way we have expertise or experiences with. Good Luck, Cowboy !
Old 07-15-2013, 03:47 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
To un-popular belief more engines are hurt at the track running Gas for being too rich than lean..but lean does it as well.j
BJ I had to quote this for because it needs to be said a 1,000 times. You know I learned the expensive way!!
Being lean mostly will cost you some hp, being rich cost you some pistons, sleeve(s) in block, broken valves from piston parts, messed up crank and the list goes on and on!! lol

BTW I agree with you guys on this motor. It's pretty much doing all it needs to handle. Save up some $ and build a motor that can take a decent shot, 200 - 250hp and you'll love it!!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

That good information I have never heard that about being too rich causing so much damage on the spray.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:24 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

This is what rich will do for you. It cost me; a sleeve, set of pistons and rings, (those rings were over $700 btw. I want ever use that expensive of ring again) had to turn the crank .10 / .10, a bent valve from the piece of piston that got on top of the piston, a valve guide and a set of Clark copper head gaskets.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

That's ugly I defiantly learned somthing in case I ever do decide to run nitrous on my motor. I had no clue that would be the result of running too rich.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:10 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Its like Bj said you have to stay on top of it every pass.

Running a engine with those piston and putting nitrous to them is like lighting a bomb.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:43 PM
hotrod1994
EXPERT BUILDER

my pops had a 70 nova that was street car back in the 70's that ran 10:50's uncle had a 67 chevelle that went 10:70's both with bbc and on a budget all three of my uncles that were into cars had sub 10 second cars and its just a matter of time before i do the same

shes gonna be a street car thats gonna go to the track every month or so for the real street drags the local track has local track being 2 hours away.... as well as a little down the old back roads out here

yellabrick this does consume me 1000% every dime i have goes into this my buddies always ask where all my money goes and my answer is always car parts im always trying to think of different ways to make more power or make this or that more efficient and work better

well i got the crank at the shop now being turned .010 after i get it back i just gotta put it together

il let you guys know how it turns out
thanks guys,Logan
Old 07-15-2013, 07:49 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Great Logan I think your goals of running mid 10s and streetable is very attainable goal for you. Without going into great detail let me give you a few hints to get you in Mid to low 10 sec range....if you got a true 550 hp engine GREAT !! Work on reducing the weight on your car..the reason a light car is fast (et ) is because you can get it moving quicker..once the car is in full forward motion ( going down highway ) weight is not releavent.its fun to put it on a diet but still let it look heavy to the eye...and LIE your A$$ off and say its 3500lbs no matter what it weighs.. 8)

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-16-2013, 01:38 AM
hotrod1994
EXPERT BUILDER

she is definatley going on a diet. i wish i could get some weight off the doors these doors on these 2nd gen camaro doors are HEAVY!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -