Location, Please read and fill out your Profiles

Old 08-21-2007, 12:57 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Location, Please read and fill out your Profiles

(why is it)
That so many people come on here and donot say where they are from?

I think RJ should make it manditory in their profile to list what state they are from, for those that donot tell where they are from, WHAT? are you possible scammers, are you running from the law? Most of the regulars know where each others is from and donot have trouble posting their where abouts. I see people bitching everyday in the scammer feedback, but donot give their location, who even knows if you have a right to bitch.
Now i know that the mods, can see where you are from by your IP addy, and some other smart people can also track your login, but that's not the point. There's is no reason to be secretative here on the forum unless you have something to hide.

just my .02

Zip.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:11 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I'd have to agree with you Zip,people should put in their profiles where they are from Etc.

It only takes a few minutes of your time to fill out the profile,If you need help doing it,just ask someone.

Please update your profiles folks
Old 08-21-2007, 04:51 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

zip even more funny is when someone is full of crap and people are calling him on it and someone logs on to back him up, new member with one post and none info to me the guy is backing him self with a fake new sign up, now if perry or tom or zip or brian or anyone else thats on here daily backed him then ,yes he must be ok, my opion
Old 08-21-2007, 05:32 AM
Robert1320
JUNIOR BUILDER

Too many people hiding on the interweb.
Witness relocations and the like....... :shock:

Most don't even have real name...
Much less a location...
Old 08-21-2007, 11:44 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

The internet is their alter ego.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:11 AM
allstarmom
SHOW GUEST

some folks like to hide,or they could be afraid of scammers,just a guess.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

You guys know me - d.rockell, racefab57, presently in n.y.state. soon to be from mebane n.c. for the record zip,LOL<LOL<. David.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:09 PM
allstarmom
SHOW GUEST

or a person could be from a small town and don,t want to post that info,I know thats the case for me.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:56 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

I think everyone knows where I am from and if not all you need to do is ask.

I feel location should be a part of getting an account on the forum, maybe at some point that can happen.

If not, add your location, no need to be shy here :P
Old 08-23-2007, 09:03 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by allstarmom
or a person could be from a small town and don,t want to post that info,I know thats the case for me.
PS, i was born in a small town in Ala. and lived there until i was 12 yrs. old. All my closest relative are burried at Browns Gap on sand Mountain

When i started this thread, it was meant to be about people who complain in the scammers section and others who back them up, all without any knowledge of who they are.
I totally agree about being in a small town, i personally in live in a one dog town (2 until mine died) not even a red lite. I too did not list my town because i have close to $100,000.00 in cars and race parts and could easily be found out where i live and robbed blind when i'm not at home, even though crime is next to "0" where i live and i usually donot lock my doors or cars.
The point i was trying to make is that there is or should be no sercetcey when complaining or challenging some one in that section.

Zip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -