Now we're talking!

Old 06-16-2010, 04:03 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

looking foward to meeting everyone...just hope the weather is nice...it has been so hot here , It is not even fun to go to the track , and then it rains every weekend... my wife is always up for a road trip , she made plenty of them when we had the dragsters. She likes meeting new people..it will be fun...Paul
Old 06-16-2010, 04:27 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by maniac
looking foward to meeting everyone...just hope the weather is nice...l
Well Paul so long as you call nice-n-hot weather, nice weather you'll be ok :shock: :P

Luckily we start later than most tracks do, during the summer heat we dont even start time trials till 630 or 7pm, race at 830-9pm, once that pesky sun goes down it cools off nicely.

I hope y'all can make it, me, Vivian and Cody are looking forward to meeting everyone too.

Cp
Old 06-16-2010, 04:39 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Congrats Charlie! Hope your winning streak continues!
Old 06-16-2010, 04:47 AM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by cepx111
Originally Posted by maniac
looking foward to meeting everyone...just hope the weather is nice...l
Well Paul so long as you call nice-n-hot weather, nice weather you'll be ok :shock: :P

Luckily we start later than most tracks do, during the summer heat we dont even start time trials till 630 or 7pm, race at 830-9pm, once that pesky sun goes down it cools off nicely.

I hope y'all can make it, me, Vivian and Cody are looking forward to meeting everyone too.

Cp

Sounds like Pickwick Dragstrip the gates open at 5pm and time trials at 7pm jackpot dial in at 8:30pm and then races at 9pm and the race don't end til about 12 or 1 and depending on the crowd it might go longer than that but not by much usually!!
Never been out west MS race tracks wouldn't mind goin sometime though maybe in the future!!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:29 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Congrats Cp. I'm hoping I can get that feeling again this year.
How many rounds did it take?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:08 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477
Congrats Cp. I'm hoping I can get that feeling again this year.
How many rounds did it take?
You'll get it again beast, just keep plugging away and never stop thinking you wont win again - I'm a firm believer in the power of positive thinking.

It went 7 rounds, we split the purse in the 5th round, all 8 cars got an even $175, after that it was for bragging rights and a super cool christmas tree trophy. I'll take a pic of the trophy and post it up, its bad a$$.

Cp
Old 06-16-2010, 09:17 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

[/quote]Sounds like Pickwick Dragstrip the gates open at 5pm and time trials at 7pm jackpot dial in at 8:30pm and then races at 9pm and the race don't end til about 12 or 1 and depending on the crowd it might go longer than that but not by much usually!!
Never been out west MS race tracks wouldn't mind goin sometime though maybe in the future!![/quote]

Never been to pickwick before but I know some guys that do go on ocassion, heard it's a hooking track but the return road is awefull, that was enough for me.

Is it a full 1/8 or 600 feet?

You should come up to Byhalia sometime Seth.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:20 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

600 ft and yea the return road sucks but they just had a benefit and car show to help raise money for a new return road!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:44 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Sounds like Pickwick Dragstrip the gates open at 5pm and time trials at 7pm jackpot dial in at 8:30pm and then races at 9pm and the race don't end til about 12 or 1 and depending on the crowd it might go longer than that but not by much usually!!
Never been out west MS race tracks wouldn't mind goin sometime though maybe in the future!![/quote]

Never been to pickwick before but I know some guys that do go on ocassion, heard it's a hooking track but the return road is awefull, that was enough for me.

Is it a full 1/8 or 600 feet?

You should come up to Byhalia sometime Seth.[/quote]

Thats what I like about it small track and you haven't got to impress any1 and you can get close to the cars and it's cheap to run on TNT nights especially!!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:34 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

sorry . see next post :roll:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -