Jasper Engines

Old 07-05-2013, 07:52 PM
bcw49
SENIOR BUILDER

Put a Jasper engine in my Blazer a year ago. No problems yet.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:38 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

With high mile iron, it does get to the point of nickle and diming on a favorite rig or sell it and either buy new or a 'better' used which could turn out to be getting someone else's problem child or a 'good' one. Back in the day, you could dump 4-5 K of rejuvenation/restoration into a 'keeper' and get another 100k out of it. Nowadays it's triple that and you still need to worry about electronics as well ! :shock:
I'll stay with my 70's - 80's iron I can still work on myself !
Old 07-06-2013, 01:29 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: jasper

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by curtisreed
Originally Posted by hold
u,d b lucky is ya got 10,ooo miles outta them,there junk,an with the price they charge u shud get a lifetime warranty
Is this supposed to be a joke?
Afraid not Curt. This guy is cutting down on people pretty good with negative stuff . After reading his reply on this one I am thinking Kid. I got him pinned on I.P. and watching him with finger on button...he is getting closer. :twisted:
Brian, with just six posts at least he isn't around enough to really matter much. The way his post is written I thought someone was just being silly, but you might be right about him being young. Oh well, no real harm in someone being ignorant I guess. LOL

Curtis
Old 07-06-2013, 03:40 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
u,d b lucky is ya got 10,ooo miles outta them,there junk,an with the price they charge u shud get a lifetime warranty
Is this supposed to be a joke?
Afraid not Curt. This guy is cutting down on people pretty good with negative stuff . After reading his reply on this one I am thinking Kid. I got him pinned on I.P. and watching him with finger on button...he is getting closer. :twisted:
Brian, with just six posts at least he isn't around enough to really matter much. The way his post is written I thought someone was just being silly, but you might be right about him being young. Oh well, no real harm in someone being ignorant I guess. LOL

Curtis
Very good point ! :wink:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-07-2013, 06:44 AM
coloradoracerguy
SENIOR BUILDER

Gotta love the usage of grammar now. Text speak is turning people into idiots!!! Not much to say to this other than wow.........
Old 07-07-2013, 11:15 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by coloradoracerguy
Gotta love the usage of grammar now. Text speak is turning people into idiots!!! Not much to say to this other than wow.........
Very true Mark.......however public schools aren't helping, allowing kids to use spellcheck and calculators instead of teaching them how to actually spell and add......

Johnny
Old 07-07-2013, 05:40 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I've never personally had a Jasper engine, but never heard a bad thing about them. Lots of shops used to install their motors, but I don't see motors being replaced like I used to. When I was younger it was pretty common for somebody to replace a motor and keep on driving. Motors last longer than they use to and people trade / sell when they have major problems. IMO that's partly because banks now will allow negative equity in an automobile.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:05 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
I don't see motors being replaced like I used to...
...Motors last longer than they use to and people trade / sell when they have major problems. IMO that's partly because banks now will allow negative equity in an automobile.
Automotive engines last a lot longer than they used to. With overdrive transmissions reducing the number of revolutions an engine will turn in it's lifetime and the improved efficiency of fuel injection the "heart" of the average car just has a better life. Now automatic transmission are another story...
Old 07-09-2013, 06:26 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Y'get what you pay for . . Jasper has had to compete with GM, Ford and Chrysler in the "Crate Engine" business . . And with the ability to manufacture engines with the precision now attainable if you have the money and facilities to do so, kind of puts the backyard or small "Rebuild Shop" out of business . .

On the Transmissions, same deal. If you're using a "Mud Pump" for racing, the right converter and transmission, while not cheap, will work trouble free as long as common sense maintenance is performed and the temperatures are kept down . . Y'just have to remember. That 'Glide input shaft, no matter how much it costs, is only good for so many of those 5800 rpm stall starts . .