MILITARY QUOTES WORTH NOTING

Old 03-19-2009, 09:10 AM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

Old 03-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

God Bless the fine Men & Wemen in uniform... my prayers to your family & your saftey.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:10 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Did anyone ever here anything from Murff, whether or not his son made it home safely? Which I pray is the case. If he posted it I missed it or forgot, (which happens a lot with me).

Curtis
Old 03-29-2009, 06:39 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Back up top, where it belongs. Haven't heard a word about Murffs son, wondering myself.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:15 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i watched that commercial again this time i broke down and cried like a baby.i was thinking of what my dad must have went thru in korea,and people i knew that went to nam. i lost a few friends there.and our boys (and girls) today.fighting for freedom while our officials are taking it away and telling us this is for our best interests.i pray to god we are not giving our kids to a uncle sam that doesnt deserve them. but they are over there and im praying for them all to come home to stay but as victors.i had a good friend in nam tell me once along time ago if they would have let us fight we could have won. then he cried and later that night they found him dead. left a note saying he did all that killing for nothing.i have never forgot that or him.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:47 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

I gotta tell you boys, all I have to do is THINK about that commercial and it breaks me down. We had taken Jays truck apart ('86 Chevy 4wd) while he was in the sandbox (he had no clue). Unfortunately I haven't gotten back around to it, it still sits as we left it. I don't know why I can't work on it, I just can't. I would never, ever consider selling it. Hopefully, one day I will put it back together the way he wanted it (I have his notes that he wrote detailing how he wanted it). I feel lots better now, just needed to relate to the commercial. The only problem with the commercial is, the cars weren't Chevrolet!
Will post a pic of his truck as it was, and as it is sitting now, later today.

Later,
Old 05-01-2009, 03:00 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

May is Military Appreciation Month

With American troops engaged in the defense of freedom at home and abroad, it is important that every American show them and our nation's veterans the support and appreciation they deserve. In recognition of Military Appreciation Month, please take a moment to thank our servicemen and women and our veterans for their commitment to our nation.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:42 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

From my heart, to all my brothers and sisters in arms, We the PEOPLE, have your backs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyJTIXKI1mA

Watch the faces of our wonderful warriors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSWuA-RttGU&NR=1
Old 05-16-2009, 12:44 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Armed Forces Day today. Many special events happening all over America. Make a point in attending as well as saying a thankful prayer for each and every American in uniform protecting OUR freedom.

I attended opening ceremonies at our local Field of Honor event. They had a Warthog do a flyover right as Taps was played followed with the pipes playing Amazing Grace as he walked away amongst the Field of 100 + American flags. Each flag privately sponsored and with a yellow ribbon with a fallen hero's name on it.. Not a dry eye anywhere. The over welming feeling there amongst 300 or so Americans, was PRIDE. PRIDE in being Americans, PRIDE in our men and women in the USA military the world over. wow............

http://colonialflagfoundation.org/
Old 05-30-2009, 05:23 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Surprise, this was actually printed in the NY Times blog....

http://kalman.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/28/at-ease/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -