troubles puilling harmonic balancer

Old 06-25-2013, 11:14 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
well I knew I should have posted the right way on here. first you tie a rope around the bal. then you tie block to truck then you tie bal. to big tree, then you put truck ingear and go forward,fast. then you pick up pieces. of said truck or tree. and you are good to go.
Using a motorcycle would make it a lot more challenging and fun the watch!! :wink:

This stuff works great for cooling something down. It can be used to cool / freeze a really small area if needed.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/shf-pc-c/overview/
Old 06-25-2013, 12:52 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Freeze Spray
- Who needs a Kool Shirt when ya have FREEZE SPRAY !
- SERIOUSLY cut your cool down time between rounds !
- RAPIDLY chill your favorite brewski !
- Use to produce a below zero and VERY dense intake charge !
Old 06-26-2013, 03:46 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by roadkill2
well I knew I should have posted the right way on here. first you tie a rope around the bal. then you tie block to truck then you tie bal. to big tree, then you put truck ingear and go forward,fast. then you pick up pieces. of said truck or tree. and you are good to go.
Never saw a Damper pulled that way but I have seen the old guys way back when, straightening the frame on a car or truck that had been in a wreck that way . . . Biiiiiiggg Cottonwood tree! Heavy Chain . . .
I have done it myself a few times.pulled the frame out on a 63 chevy 2 and when we took it to get it lined up the guy told us it was already good to go!!! the others still chased their own tailites..! lol
Old 06-26-2013, 05:59 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by roadkill2
Never saw a Damper pulled that way but I have seen the old guys way back when, straightening the frame on a car or truck that had been in a wreck that way . . . Biiiiiiggg Cottonwood tree! Heavy Chain . . .
I have done it myself a few times.pulled the frame out on a 63 chevy 2 and when we took it to get it lined up the guy told us it was already good to go!!! the others still chased their own tailites..! lol
I've tied several down to the railroad tracks that went behind a friends shop and used an old high lift jack or porta power to straighten the frames.

I miss those days!! LOL. It seams like it was more fun working with nothing to get something done.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:39 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

That was back when "IMAGINATION" was a requirement to do much to an automobile in the way of modification(s) . . We either didn't have the tool or couldn't afford it . . .

The old guy who showed me many things about collision repair always maintained that the same tree that "Bent" the car could be used to straighten it out . .

Of course, that was back when tolerances were a quarter inch, plus or minus . .
Old 07-05-2013, 02:49 PM
hold
SHOW GUEST

Default dampner

u surely used never seize on it didnt u >???,,,ati is junk anyways,along with fluid dampner,which r used for breaking crank snouts off,,,,
Old 07-05-2013, 03:59 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: dampner

Originally Posted by hold
u surely used never seize on it didnt u >???,,,ati is junk anyways,along with fluid dampner,which r used for breaking crank snouts off,,,,
Never seize ? is that same as anti-seize ? Just picking at ya on that part. However Anti-seize is more suitable. The same as calling a Bullet Proof vest bullet proof..really no such thing it should be call BULLET RESISTANT VEST. Same with anti-seize it resist heat but not 100% in all cases. Enough heat will break down the anti-seize properties and seize up. I have whitnessed it 1st hand. As far as ATI... its NOT a bad product as with anything different choices for different applications as with a Fluid damper.

I do not think the man was asking for opinions on his equipment. Gripes me when I see this.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-06-2013, 07:39 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

punk kid wanna be.......
Old 07-07-2013, 07:56 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Hey, Hey . . no need to turn this into a garden of assholes.

All of our opinions are generally gained from personal experience, but they are opinions. I try to be ojective, but in no way is "My way the only way" . . Nor is "My Part the only part" . . .

The "Galling problem" has little to do with the type or Brand and everything to do with the fact that it had to move in one direction or another to Gall either the shaft or the hole in the damper. My bet is the practice of "Honing" or making the hole bigger (or the shaft smaller) so that it can be put on easier. Add a little electrolysis and/or corrosion and you have a problem.

But it shouldn't be any kind of mountain for a climber. If you want a real damper/pulley pulling problem, remove the damper pulley from an old tapered snout Cummins diesel crank . . that's an exercise . .