Speedo Options

Old 05-23-2007, 10:11 PM
novassx
APPRENTICE

Default Speedo Options

Any suggestions for a speedo adapter. Would like to use the factory speedo in my 68 Camaro. My trans has a Deadenbear tailshaft housing with no provision for speedo cable and all internal components are race parts. I'm asuming I can't put one on it. Thinking of maybe drive shaft sensor to convertor box then to cable? Any suggestions? Anything out there available that might work? Don't really want a digital speedo. All the dash is factory stock. Hoping to keep that look. Need speedo to run it on street. "It's The Law Here!" Crap!!!
Thanks Gerald
Old 05-24-2007, 03:34 AM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

What about running a stock tailshaft? That would also mean running a stock output shart so you'll have the drive gear for the speedo.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:58 AM
novassx
APPRENTICE

I do not know much about powerglides, I do know there is all big dollar parts in this trans. Is the input shaft part of output shaft? Is this all 1 piece? It has a Vasco 1:80 straight cut gear planitary.I thought of removing the tail housing, but then thought there would be no provision for the speedo gear on the output shaft. Also doing this would solve my yoke problem as mentioned in my previos post. This trans was specially built by TCS for there race car. I would hate to start removing all the good stuff!
http://tcsproducts.com
Lots to learn for me! Thanks Gerald
Old 05-24-2007, 12:50 PM
dcarr511
JUNIOR BUILDER

I think your going to end up having to use an electric speedo. Autometer offers a couple.

http://www.autometer.com/search_resu...?q=speedometer

I didnt look enough to figure how you would set up the pick up end and the driveshaft / tailshaft but I'm certain there is some sort of kit available.

Good Luck on it !