My Engine experience with Dick Hall out of pataskala, Oh

Old 07-27-2008, 03:14 PM
altune
MASTER BUILDER

We had a few years bac a brand new 565 come apart. it was a $17,000 engine with a toal of 3 runs on it.
Found an arp l-19 rod bolt completely snapped in half.
It was a Lukovich motor and we sent it back in a crate.
they determined it was the rod bolt that gave out and after a bit of convincing we came to an agreement. They changed out the block which was windowed, new cam, and some other parts. We upgraded the rod package that came with it , and everybody was happy, Errr. kind of.
seem that thay do not want to deal with me anymore and I ended up kinda being the "Bad Customer" but they did what they said and took care of it. I still recomend their engines to everybody. I just wished I did not come out being the Bad Guy when all I wanted was what I paid for.
to this day, no problems what so ever and the engine makes 990 hp all day long.
Al
Old 07-27-2008, 05:01 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

altune---YOU WERE THE BAD GUY BECAUSE YOU WANTED AND GOT THE TRUTH ops: ops: ---GEEE--THAT WAS THE WAY I WAS TAUGHT AS I GREW UP[ HONESTY AND TRUTH WAS RIGHT] BUT NOW IT IS BLAME THE OTHER GUY OR SOME OTHER EXCUSE!!!

I AM GLAD YOU GOT A GOOD ENGINE JUST SORRY YOU WERE MADE TO LOOK BAD!!!

LIVELY
Old 07-27-2008, 05:22 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by altune
We had a few years bac a brand new 565 come apart. it was a $17,000 engine with a toal of 3 runs on it.
Found an arp l-19 rod bolt completely snapped in half.
It was a Lukovich motor and we sent it back in a crate.
they determined it was the rod bolt that gave out and after a bit of convincing we came to an agreement. They changed out the block which was windowed, new cam, and some other parts. We upgraded the rod package that came with it , and everybody was happy, Errr. kind of.
seem that thay do not want to deal with me anymore and I ended up kinda being the "Bad Customer" but they did what they said and took care of it. I still recomend their engines to everybody. I just wished I did not come out being the Bad Guy when all I wanted was what I paid for.
to this day, no problems what so ever and the engine makes 990 hp all day long.
Al
Just be glad they did that much ..

I had a motor break and got the sorry about your luck answer .. sucked !!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Wow... that's sad. It was a total disregard in quality workmanship, & you should have been able to TRUST the "builder" to do what he does... people make mistakes, but it is how you fix them that makes a difference. It makes me want to assemble every motor after all the machining is done & all components are ready... just to be damn sure it is treated with all the respect a race motor will need to be assembled. The trouble is, I have never offically assembled one myself!! I want to learn badly though.