Anyone Familer with "RACE PUMP"

Old 12-01-2009, 02:40 PM
elkymann
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default reply

What's up Mr. bjuiceman if your going to run with a 1000 ponies why not just run an electric pump like a Magnafuel 500 or a BG 400 and be done with the game playin???? both pumps will support this power, well, the MF will for sure, you may have to adj. a BG for less return fuel to the tank...

Do you already have it setup for a belt drive B???? if so, your line size will help out with the volume needed to go to the front of the chassis and support your power number just fine! my 2 cents worth.

Oh btw, that is one bad looking hotrod in your avitar buddy :wink:

Elkyman
On a mission for 8's
Induction-Solutions 2010

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
Why would you want a pump attached to the engine that would heat soak the fuel???????

the only reason i like the idea of this pump is the manual aspect ( but with No belt) that can pull fuel from a stock location from the rear of the car (stock tank with Sump)......I didn't think the belt drives have this Pull capability does it ?

My plans are to run E-85 Which negates possible heat issues..

Hammer this pump supossedly has evolved over the last few years.....on higher Hp engines the Return line jet Size id very important to making them operate properly..

i dunno...seems like a cool pump if you can get her to work...

Now keep in Mind what i am building....A TRUE STOCK BODIED/INTERIOR 69 CAMARO that will make 1,0000 hp Plus...on BF street/drag radials and looking to run 5.50's or lower and driving to the track. :shock: ......thats my GOAL Anyhow
Old 12-02-2009, 03:49 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: reply

Originally Posted by elkymann
What's up Mr. bjuiceman if your going to run with a 1000 ponies why not just run an electric pump like a Magnafuel 500 or a BG 400 and be done with the game playin???? both pumps will support this power, well, the MF will for sure, you may have to adj. a BG for less return fuel to the tank...

Do you already have it setup for a belt drive B???? if so, your line size will help out with the volume needed to go to the front of the chassis and support your power number just fine! my 2 cents worth.

Oh btw, that is one bad looking hotrod in your avitar buddy :wink:

Elkyman
On a mission for 8's
Induction-Solutions 2010

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
Why would you want a pump attached to the engine that would heat soak the fuel???????

the only reason i like the idea of this pump is the manual aspect ( but with No belt) that can pull fuel from a stock location from the rear of the car (stock tank with Sump)......I didn't think the belt drives have this Pull capability does it ?

My plans are to run E-85 Which negates possible heat issues..

Hammer this pump supossedly has evolved over the last few years.....on higher Hp engines the Return line jet Size id very important to making them operate properly..

i dunno...seems like a cool pump if you can get her to work...

Now keep in Mind what i am building....A TRUE STOCK BODIED/INTERIOR 69 CAMARO that will make 1,0000 hp Plus...on BF street/drag radials and looking to run 5.50's or lower and driving to the track. :shock: ......thats my GOAL Anyhow

Hey John how have you been ?....the whole method behind my Maddness for researching such a pump is that i really want to have a TRUE streetable 1,000 hp street car that i can drive to the track 30/40 miles one way..make a pass or two and drive Home.....The only realistic way to have a car with this kind of the power on the street is either interooled procharger or Turbo

they make the 'RACE PUMP" sound terrific for something like this.

i have run both pumps you metioned above on my drag stuff...run a MF on my nova Now pushing over 1800hp on both guns...

but i am not so sure how the MF would hold up on a Constant long duration driving.....

If the Pump will do what they say or they can develope it into what they say it would be ideal for what i want to accomplish here..

later- Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 01-03-2010, 02:34 AM
quarterstormer
SHOW GUEST

I have been using a Race Pump on the street and track with both pump fuel and Methanol for about 2 years with no problems. I use a Holley 4 port reg with one of the 1/8" NPT fittings utilized as a -4 return/bleed with a Holley jet screwed into the back of it (exactly as the Race Pumps reg is set up. They told me it wouldn't work but it has been fine). The only weird thing is at idle or less than 1000 rpm the pressure is quite low and fluctuates a bit. At 1200 rpm its rock solid. This works to my advantage with alcohol as I can run 9 psi at any real rpm and pressure drops to about 4 or 5 psi at idle.

I should add that my SBC is N/A, only makes about 480 HP and runs 11.0 @ 122 so may not be applicable to your power and application.