Scooby Doo

Old 03-18-2009, 06:24 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...obbtown128.flv
Good video 2.755 in 200', but he isn't even the fastest one. He was 3rd.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:06 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Round here they run alot of dirt drags, but I think they are both pretty cool to watch.
Do you have disc brakes brake on your driveshaft?

First dirt drag I went to in Sardis, Mississippi was like a friggin klu klux klan convention, I never seen so many confederate flags.
I just dont think I'd be into racing it, all that mud on my stuff would drive me anal.

Hey rabbit, why did they have that huge bump in the middle of the track? Seemed kinda dangerous or is that the point?

See ya at the races!
Cp
Old 03-22-2009, 05:56 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
Round here they run alot of dirt drags, but I think they are both pretty cool to watch.
Do you have disc brakes brake on your driveshaft?

Most guys use to use a pinion brake on front and back.
They work alot better than disc, but as you know sometimes pinions break then you have no breaks at all. :shock: Most of the time it would be when you locked up the brakes the front pinion would break then ...... well it's ugly. MRA ( Mud Racers Asso) made 4 wheel brakes and a dual master cylinder mandatory in 2008. I use Wilwood disc on the rear of mine.

First dirt drag I went to in Sardis, Mississippi was like a friggin klu klux klan convention, I never seen so many confederate flags.
We (MRA) are working hard to make mud racing more professional. We have a TV crew called Mud Truck TV. (MTTV). Hopefully this will show people where our sport is today.
I use to have one myself. Not intended the way many people took it so I don't have it anymore. To me it just meant I'm prould to be from the South. Not what the south use to be or from that time in history. Now I have a G flag for Georgia. I catch he!! all the time because people think it's for the Georgia Bulldogs, but it's not. I'm just proud of my home state and my part of the country.

I just dont think I'd be into racing it, all that mud on my stuff would drive me anal. There are several forms of mud racing. Most has gone to what you probably saw as Dirt Drags or flat track as most of us call. Then their is boggin which is what most people still think is all we do. Then there is Hill n Hole racing which are the pics below.

You have to be carefull because It gets in your blood and it's worse than crack! I can't quit!!! lol

Hey rabbit, why did they have that huge bump in the middle of the track? Seemed kinda dangerous or is that the point?

That truck in the video is by far the most advanced Hill n Hole truck of any. The track has 2 hills that are a min of 4 feet tall. Trucks get some serious air. 15 to 20 high and as far as 90 feet in the air! The tracks are 250' long and the guys have to stop within 50 of the finish line or they are DQ'd.

See ya at the races!
Cp

This is the 4 and 6 cyl class.