INdoor Drags, and I'm not talking slot cars !

Old 02-22-2014, 02:33 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default INdoor Drags, and I'm not talking slot cars !

http://bangshift.com/blog/crazy-drag...-and-1964.html
Old 02-22-2014, 03:06 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Yep it happened, i was there, most of the runs were 330 ft. and they didn't put down rosin in those days. We used to paint the slicks with rosin, I had atlas bucron tires which only had 2 groove around the tire to make them legal for the street, but it was still slick as hell. I didn't make my first run in my Supercarged, until the summer of 1964, but i did have a 55 chevy with a 301 that was respectable, with 3 on th tree.

Zip.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:49 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

LOVE IT, ZIP ! Someone who was THERE in the middle of drag racing HISTORY !! Got any pics ?
Old 02-23-2014, 10:06 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

No YB i don't have any pics. in those days almost no one had camera'a in fact i only had about 4 or 5 pics. of my blown 56 t'bird and a couple 8 MM movies of it running, My first cousin has a few 8 MM movies of the t'bird but i've been unsuccessful to get him or his wife to go dig them out of their attic. 2 divorces and 45 to 50 yrs a lot of things get lost in moving around the US. I have good memories but i just can't find a lot of those on record. In those days i almost always went to the track by myself, because i babies at home plus my EX had absoblutely no intrest in my racing, same thing with my second wife she never saw me race not even 1 time, maybe that's one of the reasons they are EX's.

Zip.