Safety Harness

Old 09-19-2009, 01:34 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Safety Harness

I have to replace my harness and was wondering if I should change to the camlock style or stay with a latch type. Only kind I've ever had is a latch.
What do you guys think?
Thanks.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:42 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

Everybody has their own preforance , I just took a cam lock out of my dragster and went to a latch , I just couldn't get used to the camlock , I had latch type for 30+ years and like them , it's all in what you like , I went to the RCI platinum series 6 point 4 year recertifable set up and love it..like I say THATS JUST ME , I am sure there are some that will disagree , but THATS JUST THEM,,,Paul
Old 09-19-2009, 07:25 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Belts

Paul,
I wiill have to Say?What do they make that RCI PLATINUM Belt Material out of?
12 GRIT SAND Paper,those are the COURSEST Material of a Belt of ant Belt I have Ever had!The Last Car i bought had a set of those that were New,I took them out and Gave them to a Freind.Replaced um with a Nice SMOOTH (VERY ECONOMICAL SET) of G-FORCE Cam locks.
Not Sponcered By G-Force but,I will say they are 1 of the Best deals for belts out there!!!
As far as Latch or CamLock?
I real Feel its the Car that there in?If it were My Lay-Down Style FUNNY Car,deffinaetly Latch.Door Car,with LOTS of Room,Either?But,I preferr the Cam-Lock.
Later
G 8)
Old 09-19-2009, 07:51 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

:lol: I never noticed them being course through my fire suit...............rough?? they aren't made by sharmin :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-19-2009, 08:04 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

All I've ever used is G force latch belts. I was just wondering if the camlock was any easier to put on. My truck is kinda tight because the seat is too big and it sits so close to the roll cage and door.

Thanks.