Chevrolet Cheetah

Old 11-26-2013, 09:11 AM
junkjmh
SHOW GUEST

Default Chevrolet Cheetah

Does anybody know or know where i can find the ride height of a 1964 Bill Thomas Cheetah?
Thanks for the info.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:02 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Chevrolet Cheetah

Originally Posted by junkjmh
Does anybody know or know where i can find the ride height of a 1964 Bill Thomas Cheetah?
Thanks for the info.
Christ! How big is the rear molar in a Banty Rooster?

Probably, if it ain't on the internet someplace, everybody that ever worked on one is either dead or so old he's forgot the measurements.

Do this. With the right size (original) tires on it, two fingers between the top of the tire and the wheel well opening should be about right.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:17 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.billthomascheetah.com/

http://www.cheetahcars.com/index.htm

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/08/...homas-cheetah/

http://www.autoblog.com/tag/bill+thomas+cheetah/
Old 11-30-2013, 09:26 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Yer so damned handy!

thanx . . I knew it had to out there someplace . .
Old 11-30-2013, 04:23 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

When ya use a search engine "quote" your complete word or phrase for narrower results.

"Bill Thomas Cheetah" - BOOM - WINNER !
Old 12-01-2013, 09:48 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

I'm pretty busy right now, drawing all kinds of Hod Rod Art for Xmas T-shirts and just didn't have the time to go dig . . Figgered the asker could do that, but as I said, again, you're truly a handy guy . . . Always willing to help . .

Didja have a good turkey day? Burp'n and Fartin' and all those good things?

I certainly did!
Old 12-01-2013, 12:03 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I'm STILL full !

CAR ART !?!? Got a website or somewhere I can see what ya do ? I've drawn cars and weirdo pics since grade school. Haven't done much the last 20 + years though. Doing my 'creating' in the shop !
Old 12-02-2013, 06:20 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Nahhh, no web site . . Been doing this stuff for 50 years or better. Started out pinstriping in the mid 50's and been dickin' with it ever since. . Painted and lettered a lotta race cars back in the late 60's through the early 80's.

Started doing T-shirt art in the 80's when I'd draw a car for the paint design and then just transfer it to T-Shirt Art at the request of the owner . . Bought the first Mac IIx in Colorado back in '87 and been doing art with a Mac ever since, no matter what else I was doing at the time . . .

Reason I've never put up a web site is that more people find me than I want now . . I'm still striping, designing paint jobs, and doing T-Shirt art for all different automotive venues at the tender age of 72 . .

Add to that, I'm the crew chief and sounding board for a 9 second '67 iron Camaro, that we hope to break into the 8's with this spring . .

And I'm also in the process of putting my '34 back together . . .
Old 12-02-2013, 04:39 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by roadkill2
Nahhh, no web site . . Been doing this stuff for 50 years or better. Started out pinstriping in the mid 50's and been dickin' with it ever since. . Painted and lettered a lotta race cars back in the late 60's through the early 80's.

Started doing T-shirt art in the 80's when I'd draw a car for the paint design and then just transfer it to T-Shirt Art at the request of the owner . . Bought the first Mac IIx in Colorado back in '87 and been doing art with a Mac ever since, no matter what else I was doing at the time . . .

Reason I've never put up a web site is that more people find me than I want now . . I'm still striping, designing paint jobs, and doing T-Shirt art for all different automotive venues at the tender age of 72 . .

Add to that, I'm the crew chief and sounding board for a 9 second '67 iron Camaro, that we hope to break into the 8's with this spring . .

And I'm also in the process of putting my '34 back together . . .

Well what do you do with all your spare time? :wink: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-03-2013, 03:01 PM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Rest . . . !

I'm 72 f--king years old . . . !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -