A FEW NEW PIECES I MADE

Old 03-17-2009, 10:50 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Default A FEW NEW PIECES I MADE

Just wanted to show off some of the work I have been doing. I made a one piece combination alternator pulley / vacuum pump drive mandrel and a new alternator mount.

More later when I get the other stuff mounted.

Curtis Reed
Old 03-17-2009, 11:53 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

NICE work Curtis, very nice.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:54 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Pieces

You are a craftsman, beautiful work.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:31 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

thats really Nice Curtis..i wish i had a lathe and Milling machine..but if i did i couldn't turn nothing out like that..

shoot..trade mark it..think of some catchy name go market it and you in the money....just remember my 20% broker fee...

Man the price that kind of stuff is fetching this day and time.... :shock:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-17-2009, 06:45 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks guys, I run a machine shop and do all the programming for the cnc's, some design work, production supervisor, janitor, head dog washer, etc.... Why have cnc machines if you can't make racecar parts, you know.

Juice, I've done the make and sell route. Honestly I ended up working 7 days a week on that stuff and holding down my regular job. I've never had trouble selling anything I've made but my wife was forgetting who I was. I miss the money but I missed her more. I was making sheet metal valve covers for SBC, BBC, fuel cells and aluminum fuel tanks for Yamaha Banshee 4 wheelers. Some of the tanks were sent to Saudi Arabia. I also did racecar wiring. Now I just make things for myself and some close friends. I made some shogun style breathers, sold a set to Charles (cepx111 on here), some mounts for Shogun style alternators, which are the same thing used on some Kubota tractors.

I just like the challenge of making something myself instead of buying it. That's why it always takes me longer to get to the track than other people.

Curtis
Old 03-17-2009, 09:12 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

He does great work guys, I have a set of his billet screw on breather's on the 496, very nice pieces.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:57 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Nice work. I work for a contractor at NASA in Houston as a machinist. I cant' afford to buy what I can build, LOL. usually my stuff is way better than the stuff I could buy. We have a bunch of Hurco cnc mills and a few Mazak lathes.

We built all the running gear, wheels, transmissions, rear ends,control arms, electric motor housings for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSM1V...eature=related
Old 03-20-2009, 07:08 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

That's pretty cool. I wish I had more time to devote to parts I would like to make. I just have a few minutes here and there to jump in when something is open.

I almost bought a Hurco when I got my first vmc. I ended up going with Haas. I would like to try out a Mazak lathe sometime.

Curtis
Old 03-20-2009, 07:22 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

We just got a VMC 64 and 2 VMC 42's in last year. We have 3 knee mills, a Hawk, 6 old 30's, 2 old 50's, an old 80 and a VMC30. They are still very nice piece's. We have a Hass vf8 and 6 and a horizontal machine that's new. 2 Mazak integrex's and a small lathe. I have been running a small Milltronics lathe for over a month now. That is a nice machine also. Just got a Agie wire edm in on wednesday. If you ever make it to the Houston area, give me a holler and I will give you a tour of the shop. Down at the sheet metal/welding area we also have a couple of water knifes. Man I could go on all day about this place,HAHA.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:58 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by doorracer
Thanks guys, I run a machine shop and do all the programming for the cnc's, some design work, production supervisor, janitor, head dog washer, etc.... Why have cnc machines if you can't make racecar parts, you know.

Juice, I've done the make and sell route. Honestly I ended up working 7 days a week on that stuff and holding down my regular job. I've never had trouble selling anything I've made but my wife was forgetting who I was. I miss the money but I missed her more. I was making sheet metal valve covers for SBC, BBC, fuel cells and aluminum fuel tanks for Yamaha Banshee 4 wheelers. Some of the tanks were sent to Saudi Arabia. I also did racecar wiring. Now I just make things for myself and some close friends. I made some shogun style breathers, sold a set to Charles (cepx111 on here), some mounts for Shogun style alternators, which are the same thing used on some Kubota tractors.

I just like the challenge of making something myself instead of buying it. That's why it always takes me longer to get to the track than other people.

Curtis
Hey that works also...i got 100% respect for that...u still one hell of a machinst..with great priorites.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -