bbc vs. sbc

Old 04-08-2009, 06:12 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: bbc vs. sbc

Originally Posted by onedragracer
Originally Posted by dparker
Originally Posted by txhunter69
i have a problem. i have a 454 and a 350 but i don't know which a should build up any suggestions?
txhunter69, IMO there isn't that much difference in price for a 500 hp build up. What I would look at is if you have a light car or don't plan on building up your rearend, I'd build up a SBC. If you have a heavy vehicle and a descent rearend, I'd build a BBC. SBCs pull well but don't have a lot of torke. A BBC has more torke and even a stock hp BBC is already close to 500hp. Either way there is alot of HP parts available in our area for both, just don't get hung up on one or the other pick the one that best suits you........
Shut up parker. Hey txhunter, a sbc is much better, noway would I build a bbc. But you can drop the bbc off at my shop and I will put it to good use (got a eagle crank and BME aluminum rods that need a good home)
Now that's low, trying to take advantage of these younsters. Txhunter don't let onedragracer get your BBC parts. Have him build one for ya, he builds a mean BBC. Just don't listen on how to race from him. lol
Old 04-08-2009, 11:28 AM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

haha ok but i think ima build it myself and a got quite a few racing freinds my buddies dad will proly help me hes a big block guru haha not positive but i think dparker knows him pretty well