US Nationals Indy

Old 09-05-2011, 03:45 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Default US Nationals Indy

Just got back from running at the US Nationals in Indy. My 67 Camaro fell short from qualifying in A/S. I got to run Class but lost 10.77 to 10.22.

My son Tim did a great job in his 99 Camaro LS1 in C/S. He qualified his car in a tough field and won round one but lost in round two. He ran Class but lost 10.75 to 10.70. We had a great time but it was hot as hell.
It was fun running at Indy and hope to do better next year.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

It was REALLY hot Friday and Saturday! What a thrill it must have been racing at the Big Go! If you go next year post it up on here. I will come find you in the pits.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 09-07-2011, 05:58 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by harbone66
It was REALLY hot Friday and Saturday! What a thrill it must have been racing at the Big Go! If you go next year post it up on here. I will come find you in the pits.
Yeah it was a thrill racing there for sure. Nothing like it.
I thought about posting it up before we left but I ran out of time. We got up there Early Monday morning. I'll let you know when we go in 2012.
It would be cool to see ya in th pits. When we get close to it next year I'll give you my cell number so we can come and get you in the golf cart.
Saves alot of walking from were they have us pit.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:52 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Nice to hear you had Fun Vince,,,No Question you can bang those gears,,,Man I was just thinking this morning how Time has passed,,it seems like Yesterday Tim and Todd were on Pinks running for each others camaro....wow !!!...How long ago was that ?

You been around here a long time just like me Vince (9 Years for me in April )...seen a lot pass thru......I guess we gonna retire on this site huh ?....lol..

You ever hear from Carl or know where he ended up ?

Always good to see your Post my friend !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-08-2011, 05:09 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by bjuice
Nice to hear you had Fun Vince,,,No Question you can bang those gears,,,Man I was just thinking this morning how Time has passed,,it seems like Yesterday Tim and Todd were on Pinks running for each others camaro....wow !!!...How long ago was that ?

You been around here a long time just like me Vince (9 Years for me in April )...seen a lot pass thru......I guess we gonna retire on this site huh ?....lol..

You ever hear from Carl or know where he ended up ?

Always good to see your Post my friend !
Hey Brian
It's been a long time since PINKS. I think maybe 5 or 6 years. Tim and Todd still have the same cars. That was fun. I still talk to Rich about once a year. Carl has his own site now www.hotrodthunder.com. Hope you and your family are doing well Brian. I don't post to much on here but I read alot of post. Take care. Your Nova is AWESOME.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:17 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by qtrmile2
I thought about posting it up before we left but I ran out of time. We got up there Early Monday morning. I'll let you know when we go in 2012.
It would be cool to see ya in th pits. When we get close to it next year I'll give you my cell number so we can come and get you in the golf cart.
if you are pitted on the west side then its easy for me, we stay at the campground right across the street! I have only missed that race once since 1988, its always a good time at the race and at the campground. Post it up next year and I will be sure to hunt you down! We have a pretty dedicated group that meets up there. We usually only see each other once a year and its at Indy. We show up with a trailer, some 4-wheelers, a camper, my RV and a few of my buddies ride there bikes over.
Heres a shot of our campsite

Old 09-08-2011, 05:23 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by qtrmile2
if you are pitted on the west side then its easy for me, we stay at the campground right across the street! I have only missed that race once since 1988, its always a good time at the race and at the campground. Post it up next year and I will be sure to hunt you down! We have a pretty dedicated group that meets up there. We usually only see each other once a year and its at Indy. We show up with a trailer, some 4-wheelers, a camper, my RV and a few of my buddies ride there bikes over.
Heres a shot of our campsite

Nice set up. Yep, we pit on the west side pretty much close to the ET Shack. I'll get in contact with ya for sure.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:02 PM
PJ
CRAFTSMAN

Default I was there too

Holy cow was it ever hot in the beginning of the week. Hope you guys stopped over by our booth, I was there.

pj
Old 09-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: I was there too

Originally Posted by pj
Holy cow was it ever hot in the beginning of the week. Hope you guys stopped over by our booth, I was there.

pj
I stopped by Sunday morning, quess I should have asked who was under the tent! I did get 2 bumper stickers and sign up for the giveaway

Old 09-16-2011, 02:17 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Re: I was there too

Originally Posted by pj

pj
Yeah it was hard to breath in the beginning of the week. I saw the booth across from where we pitted but never had a chance to get over there. I'll make a point to do it next year.