A GUY I KNOW JUST ABOUT GOT SCAMMED.....................

Old 09-14-2009, 06:00 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Default A GUY I KNOW JUST ABOUT GOT SCAMMED.....................

A guy I know, out of alabama just thought he sold his 69 camaro. The guy sent him a 1000 deposit. This check cleared the bank with no problems.

Total price of car 20,000.00. The guy sent another cashier check about a week later for 19,000.00 and was scheduled to pick the car up the next couple of days or so.

Pretty quick pick up for payment by check that has not cleared, aye?.

Well, the cashier check could not be verified at all. After several emails and attempts by the buyer to make other arrangement to purchase the car using similar cashiers checks, the buyer contacted the seller and stated "Looks like you made a grand off of me"

The scam consisted of the potential buyer sending a good cashiers check for $1,000.00 bucks. Let that check clear, talk to you like you have been buddies forever and gains your trust, sends ya a bad cashier check and picks up the car before you figure it out....

Buyers total investment 1 grand, seller our remaining balance.

I'd like to catch a NGSOB like this in an alley. Me and Ol Trusty "Chain Link Jangles" would have a lil fun with him.....

Teach him what its like when you try to screw a good l boy.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
Old 09-14-2009, 06:07 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Wow .... thanks for letting us know bou thtis kind of scam. This is the first time I have heard of something like that happening.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I would keep the money and still turn him in...or thump him...or both.

scumbag
Old 09-14-2009, 06:51 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah, The seller said F' him Teach him a lesson....
Old 09-15-2009, 02:30 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

THIS SAME SHIT HAPPENED A WHILE BACK ON HERE,BUT IT WAS A 25000.00 DOLLAR CAR.AND SENT THE OWNER A CHECK FOR 5000.00 UP FRONT ,AND IT WAS ALL GOOD,AND WERE GOING TO MEET I BELIEVE IN ST LOUIS TO FINISH UP THE DEAL,BUT THE BUYER SAID WE WAS GOING TO BRING A CASHIERS CHECK FOR THE BALANCE,,BECAUSE HE DIDNT WANT TO BRING THAT MUCH CASH,AND LOW AND BEHOLD,THEY DID THE DEAL AND THE CHECK WAS A FAKE,,YEP GOT A 25K CAR FOR 5K,,,, TRUST NO ONE WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!