421 or 434?

Old 02-22-2008, 04:25 PM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

very nice! then again Im a bit biased towards that crank

I cant wait to see how the rest of the build goes.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:29 PM
cncmotorsports
MASTER BUILDER

Buy the AED 950 carb, the 750 will be to small, also on the rods, eagle CRS6000BST2000 is what you need
Old 02-27-2008, 01:58 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

those are small journal?
http://www.jegs.com/i/Eagle/356/CRS6000BST/10002/-1
Old 02-28-2008, 02:29 AM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

Jegs site is listing them wrong...Check out eagle's site here..bottom of the page...

http://eaglerod.com/products/Chevy/s...BC%20rods.html
Old 03-01-2008, 06:25 AM
engineaction
APPRENTICE

I am new here, but read your post regarding the 421, 434 project. I would have your New eagle crank checked end to end with a Rockwell Scale for hardness. You will be surprised at the inconsistentsy. Also measure your rod and main journals, and order your bearings accordingly to accomodate clearances. If you use an Eagle rod and you have intentions of putting your engine on the spray, stay away from the lightweight series H-beam rods. The ARP 2000 rod bolt upgrade is a must. Also take them straight to the machine shop, break them down, re-torque, and have them checked for size. Eagle cranks and rods are great items, but they do require some attention.

Josh
Action Engineering
www.actionengineering.net
Old 03-01-2008, 06:53 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by engineaction
I am new here, but read your post regarding the 421, 434 project. I would have your New eagle crank checked end to end with a Rockwell Scale for hardness. You will be surprised at the inconsistentsy. Also measure your rod and main journals, and order your bearings accordingly to accomodate clearances. If you use an Eagle rod and you have intentions of putting your engine on the spray, stay away from the lightweight series H-beam rods. The ARP 2000 rod bolt upgrade is a must. Also take them straight to the machine shop, break them down, re-torque, and have them checked for size. Eagle cranks and rods are great items, but they do require some attention.

Josh
Action Engineering
www.actionengineering.net

X2 I agree with Josh here,this should get interesting if we can get actual numbers.
But then again some machine shops don't even know any thing about Rockwell tests.

I could go on here about some of these off-shore items but I am stoping now,You pay for what you get,like Josh said,you need to have these things,resized or even remachined,never take it for granted out of the box is fine,most likely they are not,and do require attention.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:12 AM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

thanks for the info Josh and Tom