kmj performance

Old 03-02-2011, 08:06 AM
ss427nova
CRAFTSMAN

Old 03-02-2011, 03:20 PM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default KMJ Performance

I have 2 sets,Dist,Box & coils on the shelf as we speak & I think one is sold..I would never buy something Thats defected & resale..That would be bad Business practices for me & I buy,sell & Guarentee anything I sell...I do appreciate the offer ..
Old 03-02-2011, 03:38 PM
one2010camaro
APPRENTICE

hey i had the same thing happen to me the dist would not fit . i just sanded it a little and it fit . but the box went bad and they sent me a new one .but i never used i went to a msd box i just couldnt trust that one .pro comp is less money ??BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR ..i had to pay shipping too .this right from pro comp
Old 03-02-2011, 07:48 PM
ss427nova
CRAFTSMAN

Default Re: KMJ Performance

Originally Posted by wlpatterson
I have 2 sets,Dist,Box & coils on the shelf as we speak & I think one is sold..I would never buy something Thats defected & resale..That would be bad Business practices for me & I buy,sell & Guarentee anything I sell...I do appreciate the offer ..
I was kidding. 81 camaro, I thought about having a machinist turn it down to fit, but they have agreed to a replacement at no charge.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:03 AM
one2010camaro
APPRENTICE

yea mine had a hard spot too i took it apart and somthing to it but can't remember right now but it over a year and it is working .i think it would hit inside the cap too ??
Old 03-03-2011, 06:50 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I can't speak for KMJ, but i'm a procomp dealer and i've sold probably 75 of their distributors, i've had a total of 4 bad ones. I don't deal on line only locally and i replaces every one to each persons satisfaction. I don't have to pay to return a distributor to procomp as i'm sure KMJ doesn't either.I haven't sold any of the complete ignition systems only the distributors. If you would have purchesed it from me i would have had you send it back to procomp for free and they would have shipped a replacement for free. I don't know why KMJ didn't do this, unless they were planning to make money on the shipping. I've also sold over 100 high torque starters and a number of electric water pumps. I'ver replaced 3 starters, usually because the buyer didn't install them with proper clearance and burned them up. I think you got a bad deal and i'm not sticking up for procomp, but i'm especially not sticking up for KMJ, they should have treated you better.

Zip.