Am I doing something wrong?

Old 07-10-2009, 05:22 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

parker I agree, but his add does give enough info to get you intersted to send a mssg or call. I'd rather talk to someone and get a feeling about the person before I believe all the info posted. But you are correct and I'm not trying to say not to post that kind of info.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:45 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I agree, but I look at hundred of ads and only respond to a few. I do have to say I think hemicop coming on here and asking these questions is a way good idea. Just by his doing this thread, I think he'll find a way to sell the car at full value. Very good thread my friend. I may have to try the same thing next time I have a car for sale. My cudos to ya.......
hope it moves for you,
dparker
Old 07-10-2009, 09:22 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by hemicop
As I said I posted a (fair) price, IMO, and provided plenty of pictures & reason why I'm selling it. -- even willing to separate the car & drivetrain. I just don't get it.... :?
I guess I missed that in your 1st post but my post was about selling in general. I think right now money is tight for most people.

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Chuck- in your piture w/ the race-car... is that a pocket bike in the corner? Is it fun? How fast? CC?? I WANT ONE!! Scoot
That was my boy's. He got rid of it about a year ago. It was a 49cc and he said he had it up to 30 mph. We live in a subdivision and there were a couple of people that would call the law every time he got it out.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:31 PM
hemicop
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by dparker
I'm not trying to be mean, but I won't spend $25,000.00 on a car that I can't verify how fast it runs et/mph, 60ft, and how consistant it may be. And If I don't know when it was built. No Dyno sheet. Tracks that its been raced at in the last year. Without the width of the cage? It also looks like its been setting up, also not good when selling a race car. I think you should always detail your car before taking pics. 3 or 4 hours that are well worth the time. Your car may be worth $40,000.00 but without the info I just mentioned your looking at $15,000.00. In my experiences.
All legitimate concerns & I do appreciate the input. I just added its best e.t., 60fts. are in the 1.18/1.20 range and it is pretty consistent. As to a dyno sheet, I admittedly didn't dyno the engine nor have I recently ran the car since, as I mentioned, I simply can't afford to race this type of car anymore & don't want to abuse a perfectly good, fresh motor for a potential buyer.
The bottom line of all this, isI have a car built that I really can't afford to race & don't want to screw it up for its new owner.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:17 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I must be a retard cause I don't see a bike anywhere ops: ops:

That was my boy's. He got rid of it about a year ago. It was a 49cc and he said he had it up to 30 mph. We live in a subdivision and there were a couple of people that would call the law every time he got it out.
DAM COMMUNIST!! We have a few kids that have small bikes in my subdiv. I like seeing kids ride. Those were some of the funnest years of my life!! And of course the begenning of learning to work on things too!!.
I'd rather see 'em outside riding a bike then inside on a dam computer all day. Hmmmm what am I doing this morning. On a dam computer and I have to load up and race in a few hrs!!
Goota go get Rabbit ready to whoop some butt tonight :evil: :evil:
See you guys later and good luck to everybody racing today!!