Factory 4bolt main 350SBC block Peak Horsepower

Old 11-30-2009, 07:57 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Carl,
The reason i ask, was there were some Bowties were advertised for $950.00 on ebay rough bored to 3.980 but they are 2 bolt mains and 1 pc. rear main seal.

http://www.skipwhiteperformance.com/...Item=1183-BLCK

He also advertizes them fully machined IE: line bored, decked, and the bore of your choice but nothing about splayed billet caps.

Zip.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:40 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
Thanks Carl,
The reason i ask, was there were some Bowties were advertised for $950.00 on ebay rough bored to 3.980 but they are 2 bolt mains and 1 pc. rear main seal.

http://www.skipwhiteperformance.com/...Item=1183-BLCK

He also advertizes them fully machined IE: line bored, decked, and the bore of your choice but nothing about splayed billet caps.

Zip.
We have seen alot of them blocks over the years to machine out a install splayed caps.

Just make sure if you get one they have the heavy bulk heads as GM produced the same block with stock type bulk heads.

Carl
Old 12-01-2009, 06:40 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I'm not going there, i'm a Dick Maskin fan (AKA lil "M"), by the time all the work is performed on the Bowtie, the cost would be close to the same cost as a Lil "M" and i know you can put a 4" crank in them without grinding. I already have a lil "M".

I was just curious :?:

Zip.