Possibly a bit overpriced?

Old 10-28-2010, 04:56 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I agree let's get this site back to where it should be :!: I really don't know what happened and not to step on any toes i don't care to :!: I come on here maybe make a comment or may not but i do have friends i always PM and say hello to :!: JMO Mark
Old 10-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477
Yeah, I'm a little confused. I would like to know what a Mod can and can't do. I understand someone has to be in charge but what are the limitations? Can they change posts? Can they check our pm's? Just curious.
I ain't got a dog in this fight but I will say that I know mods have the capability to edit your post. not saying someone did or didn't here, but if they want to they can. I have also seen on other boards where mods edit out things that are not allowed. I've seen posts say "I'm an idiot and can't read the forum rules" etc.

Not refering to this thread just trying to give my opinion on the answer to beasts question. Don't know about pm's.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:09 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah I was wondering what a vinegar sandwhich was also. Maybe I live too far north to understand. :?

In all seriousness though I hope things get back to normal on here.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I have seen a few pissing matches lately... I got into one myself. I have seen good people (whom I thought were friends) get upset at each other too. Long term RJ dudes that are good people are not getting along sometimes. That is some sick mo-jo voodoo devil work....

Troublemakers are obvious... we all can name a few. They don't last too long. But they are not people I remember being here for years at a time. So the question is why not is this team coming apart now???

I don't think people should throw the mods under the bus. I have no problem saying that I don't think Juice (I mean Brian) is intending on spying, changing or altering peoples posts or reading thier PM's. He is a part of our group/friendship here.

That said, there are probably technical issues beyond our control & the mods radar... plus hackers who cause problems too. Could it be that some people got thier wires crossed & we just need to forgive & get back to the regular stuff?
Old 10-29-2010, 02:36 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with you Scooter. We need to patch things up and move on. I think some things were said and taken the wrong way. Everybody has a bad day now and then, sometimes even a bad month. I'm no better than anyone else on here and don't claim to be. So lets step back take a deep breath and regroup if that's possible.

Later guys.

Mike
Old 10-29-2010, 03:37 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods
Brian,
List your troublemakers and why you think they are troublemakers. Lets have a "forum hearing" and decide who is right and who is wrong. If your pm box is burning up with complaints then I think that would be best. Your personal "war" with the troublemakers isn't the way to go. In all fairness, you have the mod button, not us. List the names of the troublemakers you suggest we have in the regulars here. I agree to leave if deemed a troublemaker, would you? Would anyone else? Your opinion shouldn't be the only one heard, you don't like me, so, of course ANYTHING I say that you don't agree with will be used to form your opinion of me.............deeming me a troublemaker. I can and have admitted when I have been wrong. Will you?

I can believe your explanation of the editing situation.......Maybe every now and then it doesn't say it was edited. I just wonder why Charlie would lie about it though (not saying he lied) if in fact he did.

In closing, you suggested you guys are reading our pms!! Is nothing private anymore?
I will not list Names that will turn this into a Bond Fire..MY POST IS WORKING AS IT WAS DESIGNED TO..THE BIT DAWGS ARE BARKING LOUDLEY...notice some members aren't even touching this thread ..you want to Know why ?..they aren't causing the problems and agree with what I am doing.. but let me narrow some time frame down to where I was reading a lot of Bullchit until Now that made me Sick...
July 4th up thru today and it goes way beyond this time period.

Rudy you need to slow down and read a mans post word for word and except it as it is written by the man and stop turning it into something you want it to be...thats where the trouble starts...I said we can see who is pm'ing back and forth with each other..I said nothing of being able to read pm's...your stiring Chit again..Prime example #1...you have badly mis-qouted me 2 TIMES in this one thread that could and can cause a bad misunderstanding...typing before you think never works on a forum

Oh my goodness look...its an EDIT.....Run forrest Run !!!!!!....lol :shock: :evil:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-29-2010, 03:54 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

One last thing about Ole Charlie and i am moving on..

Let me ask you guys something ?

How many of you Make a Post "New" or "Reply" and imediatley copy the ORGINAL post so you and re-post it at a later time ?

I mean Charlie just happen to have his original post on hand and re-posted it to show everyone what he really posted the 1st time...

I smell Bullchit here......let me tell you I saw the man's 1st post he made and it never changed..did any of you see two different post ???..you should have if someone other then Charlie edited his post...

I will also say if I was gonna edit someone post I would have a lot better things to say about them than "water Sandwhich"..I am like Beast what is that ??

Charlie is more like " waffle eating waterhead"....now thats more like me.... :twisted:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-29-2010, 04:43 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

From my experience with editting , if you edit before someone else posts a reply to your post it will not say eddited on the post. I edit all the time after I post for spelling and missing words (darn public school education :roll: )
Old 10-29-2010, 04:45 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I wasnt blaming any mods, just asking questions. This has obviously been blown WAY out of proportion. nuff said...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-29-2010, 06:05 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Brian,
Show me where I misquoted you, please! I didn't say you guys WERE reading our pms........I said your post SUGGESTS it. When you SUGGEST something you are merely opening the possibility of it happening. In all honesty I, like Scooter do not believe you guys spy on us.

You are damn right some of us were pissed about the USA flag not flying high and proud on the 4th of July. If you REALLY knew what transpired with me about that, you would know I conversed with PJ about that very subject, his explanation was VERY sufficient to me and we ended the conversation with mutual respect. It boiled down to the art department doing a lousy job of designing the 4th banner! I believe PJ and the rest of the crew are good Americans. If you were bothered about it then, you should have piped up about it then....not months later. If you didn't know it until just recently.........where were you then as moderator when we needed you?
If something pisses you off, say something then. Don't bottle it all up for one big hissy fit. Just because it makes YOU sick doesn't mean it makes everyone else sick.

In one of your previous posts you said this is a big problem.......people saying chit without evidence or proof. Take your own advice, if you are going to say there are troublemakers....prove it and tell us why they are troublemakers or don't say it at all. I hardly think a man voicing his opinion of oppositon makes him/her a troublemaker. I will be part of the jury(unless I am the defendant) :shock: ........I'm not skeeeered! I have seen all the guys that have a post in this thread, I know of none of them being whiners or troublemakers. Some guys don't say anything because they KNOW they can't win a fight with a moderator! I unfortunately am not smart enough to realize that.....or I speak up when I have something to say REGARDLESS of who you are, I am not sure which it is.

I strongly sense you are having other (serious) problems than this forum. If so, good luck to you Brian as I do think you are a good guy and a decent human being. If you are having difficult times, don't let it cloud your judgement in here. You are coming off as waging a war against folks you don't like, that is one problem when you have ONE MONKEY running the show. :wink:

I do not now, nor have I EVER tried to turn something into something it's not. Show me where I have STIRRED UP ANY CHIT.
Bottom line:
You were a smart aleck to me and dragon and it just didn't sit well with me at the time. It is ok to be wrong every now and then, I know this because I am wrong sometimes too.

I guess you last comment about the edit (run forest run) wasn't meant to be smart either I suppose. Like you said Brian, read your words before you hit that reply button.

No, I have never seen anyone keep their quote for later use.

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods
Brian,
List your troublemakers and why you think they are troublemakers. Lets have a "forum hearing" and decide who is right and who is wrong. If your pm box is burning up with complaints then I think that would be best. Your personal "war" with the troublemakers isn't the way to go. In all fairness, you have the mod button, not us. List the names of the troublemakers you suggest we have in the regulars here. I agree to leave if deemed a troublemaker, would you? Would anyone else? Your opinion shouldn't be the only one heard, you don't like me, so, of course ANYTHING I say that you don't agree with will be used to form your opinion of me.............deeming me a troublemaker. I can and have admitted when I have been wrong. Will you?

I can believe your explanation of the editing situation.......Maybe every now and then it doesn't say it was edited. I just wonder why Charlie would lie about it though (not saying he lied) if in fact he did.

In closing, you suggested you guys are reading our pms!! Is nothing private anymore?
I will not list Names that will turn this into a Bond Fire..MY POST IS WORKING AS IT WAS DESIGNED TO..THE BIT DAWGS ARE BARKING LOUDLEY...notice some members aren't even touching this thread ..you want to Know why ?..they aren't causing the problems and agree with what I am doing.. but let me narrow some time frame down to where I was reading a lot of Bullchit until Now that made me Sick...
July 4th up thru today and it goes way beyond this time period.

Rudy you need to slow down and read a mans post word for word and except it as it is written by the man and stop turning it into something you want it to be...thats where the trouble starts...I said we can see who is pm'ing back and forth with each other..I said nothing of being able to read pm's...your stiring Chit again..Prime example #1...you have badly mis-qouted me 2 TIMES in this one thread that could and can cause a bad misunderstanding...typing before you think never works on a forum

Oh my goodness look...its an EDIT.....Run forrest Run !!!!!!....lol :shock: :evil:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -