Bad Deal with sr1105

Old 11-25-2010, 05:55 PM
supergass
JUNIOR BUILDER

Hi Harbone, I know the car and the people that started it before it was sold to Kirt Greene. I know who originally started the roll cage work, it is complete. I would be willing to go to this car and take pictures of the car in any area that any of you guys want. I NOW understand who it is that is making all of this a mess and it aint Kirt. I know who this is now(only knowing him by first name) and he is a back biting trouble maker and I wish he would take his sorry behind back to NY. In my opinion he is bringing up new issues to cover his rear. The axles are there MOSER and they are the new style that dont have the M/E on the end. They put stickers on them now BUT if you look you can see part number081806. I havent looked that number up yet but I think I know what the answers gonna BE!!! I also went there and CONFIRMED that the diagonal is laying beside the drivers seat. It has two brand new race seats with the adjustable sliders on both sides and a nice racing steering column. The ladder bars are new as well!! The hood is a new glass hood and I think the front fenders are too(not sure on that) That crack in the quarter he is refrencing now is a crack in the primer.......not the steel. Like I said it would have been better that he would have said I didnt like the car BUT NOOO he had to be a ass and say the car wasnt worth 500.00. That is the man you are dealing with guys. If any of you have any request for pics or anything just say the word, I really dont have any use for a liar. This IS after all is said a PROJECT car, now tell me HOW that could have been misrepresented in the pictures?
Old 11-25-2010, 06:07 PM
supergass
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by harbone66
Originally Posted by kgreene5572
Well his origional complaints about the car are unfounded and not true so there has to be some reason he didn't want to trade. If he just bs me to think he really wanted the car just to get me to drive it to him then the guy is a douchebag. I have friends that live very close that were willing to prove to him that the car was as described but he has sidestepped those invitations.
He had the car in front of him, thats all the prove I think he needed...
But he said that there were expensive parts missing to posture himself as the victim. I could have dealt with not wanting to trade much easier even if he didnt pay any expenses rather than carry out this game. Boiler plate......what a freakn joke.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Graflex
SHOW GUEST

Default 1973 Camaro Deal

Originally Posted by kgreene5572
All the pictures of the car are in my race profile. If anyone is interested in seeing it.
Wow... the car looks even better than it did when it left our shop.

My boss sold the Camaro to the guy that Kirt bought it from.

I built the rear-end and ordered all the parts.

12-Bolt Chevy Chevelle housing.

New $295.00 Moser axles, 3" stud kit, wheel bearings installed, Moser housing ends, 33 spline spool, new bearing kit, new 1350 yoke, new Zoom 4.88 gears, new ladderbar brackets for the housing and new coil over brackets for the housing.

It also has new 32" Art Morrison ladder bars and new track locater that I didn't bolt on because the solid coilover simulators kept the body from moving side to side. The track locater brackets are installed, though and the track locater is still right where I put it when the car was picked up from our shop... right beside the drivers seat next to the rocker panel.

I still have the Moser axle stickers in my tool box at the shop because I forgot to put them on.

Moser used to cast "M/E" on the axle ends (my race car has Moser axles from the early 1990's with M/E casted) but they now put stickers on the end like Mark Williams axles have and so on.

It also had stock Chevelle drum brakes that went with the car, but not installed.

The wheels and tires shown in the pictures were the ones I put on the car.

It also has tubular front upper control arms from Speedway Motors with new upper ball joints and a new manual S-10 steering box.

It was set up for a BB Chevy and TH400 trans.

Has a 5 gallon fuel cell and rear mount batteries.

The "cracks" mentioned on the rear I think I can explain... when the rear wheel wells were extended and the "NEW" rear tail light panel was installed, the grey primer that was used was bad!!! When it dried, it started cracking.

The same can of primer was also accidently used on a hood we were working on for someone else.... when it dried it started cracking. I have since thrown away that can of primer so it won't get used again!!!

I'm not a body man, so I can't explain what was up with the primer... I just know what happened.

The car left our shop with NO front clip sheet metal....... looks nice with the front clip on it in metal!!!

The fenders, nose and hood were bought NEW by the guy that bought the car from my boss.

Not sure who installed them on the car? Kirt possibly, while he had it???

Remember... any used race car parts or engine parts are only worth .50 cents on the dollar.

I have no idea how much $ the intended buyer/trader had in his motor.

I felt like I needed to reply in this topic to help clear some issues up.

I'm not taking sides on this issue because the intended buyer of the Camaro knows me.

I would like to say, however, that I don't think the car was misrepresented and at least the gas money should be paid back to Kirt.

You would have spent gas money to drive down to look at the car... which is actually what you needed to have done.

It seems like Kirt made it clear in the e-mail he posted in this topic that if there's ANY reservations on doing the deal for the buyer to speak up before the trip was made.

Sight-un-seen deals are tough to do!!!

A couple of years ago, I did a trade for my current race car that was for sale here on racing junk.

I went over to look at the car, then the seller came over to look at the car I wanted to trade him. We came to an agreement, and THEN the cars were traded and delivered.

Good trades can be made on racing junk if they're done right.

- Jim
Old 11-25-2010, 09:04 PM
fastskin500
SHOW GUEST

thanks for making that clear. i was made out to be a liar and a sneaky guy when i was at this fellas house. which was NOT appreciated after having a pretty bad and long 12 hour trip. trader was not welcoming and was very rude. go back to NY where you belong. obviously you are still learning the southern lifestyle. guess your not catching on too quickly. here in the south we have respect, hospitality, and manners. we dont assume that some one is a liar, we ask questions. i told the trader this was not my car and i did not know much aabout it.

as for the gas money ordeal, it would have been much appreciated seeing how you were so rude, demanding, and quite verbal. but then again, you yankees dont know what its like to have a heart and respect.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:29 PM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Please do not classify all people not from the South in one group you consider to not have heart and respect. Makes you as stupid as he is.

Originally Posted by fastskin500
thanks for making that clear. i was made out to be a liar and a sneaky guy when i was at this fellas house. which was NOT appreciated after having a pretty bad and long 12 hour trip. trader was not welcoming and was very rude. go back to NY where you belong. obviously you are still learning the southern lifestyle. guess your not catching on too quickly. here in the south we have respect, hospitality, and manners. we dont assume that some one is a liar, we ask questions. i told the trader this was not my car and i did not know much aabout it.

as for the gas money ordeal, it would have been much appreciated seeing how you were so rude, demanding, and quite verbal. but then again, you yankees dont know what its like to have a heart and respect.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:35 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Question for everybody involved in this......what is the goal of this thread at this time ? :?
Old 11-26-2010, 11:08 PM
kgreene5572
SHOW GUEST

I don't expect anything from Jeff. I just want other potential buyers/traders to be aware of how he can be and to conduct their deal accordingly. It would be nice if he apologized for calling my son a liar and treating him as he did but I know that is unlikely to happen.