Pro systems alcohol carburetors

Old 11-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Superpro399z
JOURNEYMAN

Default Pro systems alcohol carburetors

Has anyone out there used a Pro systems alky carburetor? If so what is your opinion on these carbs? Thanks Mike
Old 11-15-2007, 06:58 AM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

I have no info on them, but be carefull of who you buy carbs from. Buy from a name company, BLP, Quick Fuel, Barry Grant.... You will not save anything buying cheap in this area.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

as i understand prosystems builds very nice carbs, he's doing 1 for me and has done them for others on this forum!!!!David.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:33 PM
coreyh
SHOW GUEST

I have a gas ProSystems and it was a bolt on and race deal. One of the best carb guys out their. We ordered one in for one of our customers that runs Wissota Late Model. That was an alcohol carb and same deal bolt on adjust float level and race. He sends along a wet flow sheet and complete specs on it along with a lean and rich specs for your adjustment knowledge. Talk to Patrick he will set you up, you won't be disappointed. Plus he is alot cheaper than some of the others out their. Note that for the last 2 years both winning engines at the Engine Builders Challenge had ProSystems carbs.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:02 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jmarksdragster
I have no info on them, but be carefull of who you buy carbs from. Buy from a name company, BLP, Quick Fuel, Barry Grant.... You will not save anything buying cheap in this area.
Pro system shouldnt even be put in the same class and quick fuel and barry grant IMO them 2 carb shops are junk

Pro system builds a good GAS carb

www.apdracing.com for alky or gas
Old 11-16-2007, 06:07 AM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

X2......Barely Grant in my opinion is the worst carb on the market!!!
Old 11-16-2007, 07:30 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by davis419b
X2......Barely Grant in my opinion is the worst carb on the market!!!
Why do you say that?

Curtis
Old 11-20-2007, 08:23 AM
sg1586
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by hammertime
Pro system shouldnt even be put in the same class and quick fuel and barry grant IMO them 2 carb shops are junk

I have had both of those carbs and still have one of them and they were the best carbs I have ever had for gas.........Maybe there was a problem with one of them that you could not get right :shock:

I have had good luck with Quick fuel gas carbs and always were good enough to spend time with me on the phone to try to help with a problem..
Old 11-20-2007, 04:36 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by sg1586
Originally Posted by hammertime

I have had both of those carbs and still have one of them and they were the best carbs I have ever had for gas.........Maybe there was a problem with one of them that you could not get right :shock:

I have had good luck with Quick fuel gas carbs and always were good enough to spend time with me on the phone to try to help with a problem..

I didnt have terrible luck with barry grant or quick fuel but putting a pro systems or apd carb on is worth a lot of et/hp in most cases.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:49 PM
rabiddawg
DYNO TECH

look into AED carbs I see alot of them on alcohol cars in the pits.
thats the reason why I bought an AED carb for my car.
No one had anything bad to say about them.
http://www.aedperformance.com/index.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -