8" converter with powerglide spline...??

Old 08-13-2010, 09:44 PM
rob41willys
SENIOR BUILDER

you have to machine the stator support on the front pump to install a bushing when you are using a turbo shaft. You can buy aftermarket PG shafts that will handle alot of hp. But for serious power a turbo spline shaft is stronger.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:07 PM
ccperf721p
SENIOR BUILDER

Most if not all competent converter companies are putting the bushing in the converter so there is no need to install one in the stator support. I've never used BTE so it does warrant a phone call..
Old 08-14-2010, 06:09 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I run a BTE glide and also use a turbo shaft. It's the only way to go if your making any hp.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

That sounds like what he said...something about the pump...iduno...Everything in my trans is from COAN ,including the converter...and this all took place back in 2002 when he built the trans the first time for me...if that tells you anything.I do know he is a damn good tranny guy. He races a tube chassis beretta with an aluminum 415(or 421 don't remember) sbc 18 deg headed motor. Runs a terminator set up on it.