How to apply for a lost title for an out of state vehicle?

Old 05-22-2010, 10:33 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Default How to apply for a lost title for an out of state vehicle?

Ok I have a 3rd Gen. Camaro that I am trading for a 2nd Gen. Camaro the camaro I am getting doesn't have the title. The car was from Georgia and I need a title for Mississippi any help guys. I went to a website that issues titles but it came out to be $390 bucks is there a cheaper method of getting a title for an out of state vehicle? Because if there isn't i'm just gonna say to hell with it an tub it out and make me a race car.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:23 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

In Ga. if it's older than ( I think ) 15 years you don't have to have a title. A bill of sale is all you need. I've bought and sold several old trucks and cars that I never saw a title. Tags / insurance were never a problem. I don't know about Ms. I live in Ga and don't know if it would be any easier for me to get a title then sell you the car. Just a thought.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:37 AM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Well I ain't for sure about it either i know when i had a 67 Chevy ppl told me I didn't need any documentation all i had to do is buy an Antique tag and slap it on there and go but this is a 1980 camaro so i'm not for sure. I'll just go to the court house and check but Thank You for the help.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:43 AM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Thanks for the help but i backed out of the trade because i didn't wont to go through the trouble of having to get the title. But thanks you!!