Big Shot 400 - How to activate

Old 05-07-2009, 08:04 PM
chevyfireball
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by dparker
Originally Posted by chevyfireball
You shouldn't activate the nos unless you have wide open throttle or it could get ugly. And they say no more than 20 seconds. Go to the Holley website and you can download instructions for the Big Shot kit. Make sure your engine is built to handle nitrous and don't go giving it a shitload right away. Start small and increase the jetting gradually.
20 seconds, how long is your track? lol.
LOL. I thought he might be using it on the street.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:19 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

20 Fast and Furious movie seconds.........................................
.................................................. ...............................................120
second quarter mile :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 05-08-2009, 06:43 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Seriously jreiley don't run your 400hp nos more than 10 seconds where ever your at. I would recommend around 5 to 6 seconds right after you launch, sure will save alot of parts.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:02 PM
onedragracer
JUNIOR BUILDER

Seriously jreiley don't run your 400hp nos more than 10 seconds where ever your at. I would recommend around 5 to 6 seconds right after you launch, sure will save alot of parts.
Make sure the arming switch is mounted on the dash, You don't want to accidentally arm it by mistake during a time trial like someone I know.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:36 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by onedragracer
Make sure the arming switch is mounted on the dash, You don't want to accidentally arm it by mistake during a time trial like someone I know.
That was eliminations and after the front end came down from a 4ft wheely. I still caught the guy and won the round. That was against the Barbarian in that Aglia. Man that was crazy, the front end came down and I hit the gas at the 60' and it yanked the wheels again and off we went. Everybody has to have something dumb they did at the track to be remembered by.lol.