Blown EGT TEMP HELP

Old 12-02-2007, 06:15 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Is the crank and balancer keyed for 2 keys? They should be. Not trying to be nosy, I just read in your earlier post about being new to blowers. Good luck.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:30 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by woodfamilyracing
ok found the problem , it was a combination the jetting was close but the balancer spun on the crank a lil and was not reading corectly the timing mark so it was way retarded. also 2 of the spark plug boots were touching the headers and burned them cousing the pop. i corrected it drove it and egt are at 850-900 at cruise and 1150-1200 at wot . thanks t everyne that has helped. after i found the issue i decided to pull the engine and refresh it also check for detonation and good thing some of the bearings were showing some of the effect . so i plan oncorrecting this issues and having fun again.
There's your first problem... You don't run a balancer with a blower.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:47 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

[There's your first problem... You don't run a balancer with a blower.]

explain that a little better!!!!--thanks LIVELY IN ILLINOIS
Old 12-12-2007, 04:32 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
[There's your first problem... You don't run a balancer with a blower.]

explain that a little better!!!!--thanks LIVELY IN ILLINOIS
Certainly.

A balancer is nothing more than two pieces of steel connected with a rubber (sometimes natural, sometimes synthetic) elastomer.

The negative harmonic vibrations are canceled out by the oscillation of the larger ring.

Think of a blower hub as the inner piece of the balancer, the belt as the elastomer, and the blower as the outer ring.

Running a balancer does nothing but put extra load on the crank for weight and leverage, as well as creating extra reciprocating weight that has to be spun up to speed.

I've run blowers now for about 15 years, and I've not run a balancer in about 14 years. Never had an issue with a bearing or crank, nor do I intend to by putting a balancer back on it.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:03 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

THANK YOU---ENQUIRING MINDS WANTED TO KNOW MORE !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: --THANKS LIVELY--BY THE WAY I AM ONLY ABOUT 50 MILES FROM YOU IN VANDALIA ,IL
Old 12-12-2007, 05:42 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
THANK YOU---ENQUIRING MINDS WANTED TO KNOW MORE !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: --THANKS LIVELY--BY THE WAY I AM ONLY ABOUT 50 MILES FROM YOU IN VANDALIA ,IL
Ahhh, Ken Jones, aka Pinky territory.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:16 PM
margaritaman
JUNIOR BUILDER

No balancer here either. Of course I'm always being accused of being out of balance...