Big block
60.00%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Big block or Small block

Old 08-13-2007, 10:22 AM
tommynos
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Big block or Small block

this is the debate we have had on our forum,so lets see how close this actually is on this forum,the votes were sort of "tainted"by a one(camaro74454)he loves the big blocks and im a small block guy,i dont care if i was filthy rich, im still a small block guy,i like power from the unexspected.....

ill run a poll,if you have info on why,post it up
Old 08-13-2007, 10:51 AM
camaro74454
JUNIOR BUILDER

Hahahaha, silly fool you will lose here even more then there...They don't play here...Welcome to the home of the big boys...This is going to be great.....oh I voted Big Block.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:03 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
MASTER BUILDER

Bigger Big blocks are better than small big blocks so small blocks dont compare. Plus a big block just sounds better. :shock:
Old 08-13-2007, 11:20 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

ha ha ha ..i love it..the oldest debate in history of racing..almost as good as Chevy vs Ford..
i was a small block guy all my life until 4 years ago and mind you i am into my 40's...well i got my 1st BBC (511 CI) and fell in love...this thing will pull effortless compared to my older small block's.....since then i have aquired a 632 all aluminum Big Block Big chief Motor..sheet metal intake with a pair of Chuck Nugtten dominaters....Although i have not run this motor yet i did watch it run in a 3300 lb vette with a 410 gear and 33 inch talls tires on a PITIFUL TRACK and it ran a 5.01et at 142mph...

keep in mind i have a 2100 lb car and a 4.30 gear...SO WHAT WILL IT RUN ???????

i did have one of the baddest ( my opinion) steel headed small blocks alcohol injected motors on the east coast a couple of years back..it made 1,000 hp at 9% over drive and could have been squeezed a little more...

so there is no replacement for displacement..i am a BBC man for life.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-13-2007, 11:32 AM
tommynos
JUNIOR BUILDER

well this is my dream motor,a 400 twin turbo 1st gen :shock: if i tell you this car had a small block and then layed the smack down on most cars,thats a surprise...

if i tell you i have a big block,your exspecting me to win...its like being a world champion,imo,i dont think its easy defending the tittle when someone can sneak up and take it.... :P
http://camaroforums.hqforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=478
this is my dream motor...

i like the sleepers,my 6 banger runs with most big blocks,and its untuned...(of course it took out my camaro to )but it wont happen again...
Old 08-13-2007, 11:34 AM
tommynos
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by bjuice
ha ha ha ..i love it..the oldest debate in history of racing..almost as good as Chevy vs Ford..
i was a small block guy all my life until 4 years ago and mind you i am into my 40's...well i got my 1st BBC (511 CI) and fell in love...this thing will pull effortless compared to my older small block's.....since then i have aquired a 632 all aluminum Big Block Big chief Motor..sheet metal intake with a pair of Chuck Nugtten dominaters....Although i have not run this motor yet i did watch it run in a 3300 lb vette with a 410 gear and 33 inch talls tires on a PITIFUL TRACK and it ran a 5.01et at 142mph...

keep in mind i have a 2100 lb car and a 4.30 gear...SO WHAT WILL IT RUN ???????

i did have one of the baddest ( my opinion) steel headed small blocks alcohol injected motors on the east coast a couple of years back..it made 1,000 hp at 9% over drive and could have been squeezed a little more...

so there is no replacement for displacement..i am a BBC man for life.

Brian
im guessing your car is going to be a monster,so make sure to vote for small block :lol: at least for old time sakes...
Old 08-13-2007, 11:55 AM
camaro74454
JUNIOR BUILDER

To late..he voted...Why not pick the TT big block there?...
Man you'r losin 4to 1 I love it....See I told you once you go big block you never look back.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:41 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I like big little 'uns...
Old 08-13-2007, 01:58 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

I kind of like RAT poison myself! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-13-2007, 02:04 PM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by alwaysconsistent
Bigger Big blocks are better than small big blocks so small blocks dont compare. Plus a big block just sounds better. :shock:
I don't know there. One race I was at, there were a couple old Ford Thunderbolt look alikes racing. I swear they were leaving the tree at 10K. Sounded wicked as hell. Almost makes a Chevy guy drool. :shock:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -