BOWERS RACING ENGINES

Old 06-18-2007, 03:14 PM
POPSPV
APPRENTICE

Default Bret Bowers / Bowers Racing Engines

Hey guysa. I have been reading your entries with some interest. I ordered and engine and several parts from Bret in December. I am in Australia and found that this was my biggest issue. I had the exact same issues with calls not being returned and the same thing with emails. Eventually 5 months later my engine arrived. I also received wheels and tires that he had organised. This is all great, the 540 is excellent and all but he forgot to send my starter motor, my fuel pump, my nitros kit and my diff centre. So I am out about $2500-. he then calls me after 5 weeks of chasing and tells me he thought his guys had packed it all and that he woudl air freight it to me. All was to arrive last Wednesday. Nothing arrived as expected. Called the freight company and they new nothing of it. Some interesting stuff you may wish to know. The Colorado fraud police are currently trying to put a case together and go to the DA to get approval to criminally charge Bret for his practises. The second thing is that we have greater power in groups so I have been speaking to a solicitor named Tracey from Cline Williams lawyers in Fort Collins and if we get together we can have a huge chance of getting our issues solved quickly. Please let me know your throughts. Tracey can be contracted on 970-221-2637
Old 06-18-2007, 04:12 PM
POPSPV
APPRENTICE

just another quick add on here. The only reason we feel good when he calls is that we then think there is hope, thats normal. I got my dyno sheet 6 weeks after my engine arrived and it takes 4-6 weeks to get to Australia. I waqs told my engine was on the dyno for about 4 weeks by Bret and that it was going to be shipped for about 2 months. The dyno shows that it was done just before it left.

Bret Bowers of Bowers Racing Engines or B & K Performance of 117 Smokey rd, Fort Collins Colorado 970-226-6040 (dialled this number about 2000 times, please understand that all anyone wants is what they pay for. If your margins are to fine then increase your prices a little so you can run an orderly shop.

Please simply take a few hours to write or call your clients, give them a realistic expectation of when they can expect their goods and then meet that dead line. That is all people want. If it takes a few weeks longer then they just want to know about it. It is 10am Tuesday here so if anyone wants contact me outside of this forum to arrange a class action against him i am happy to manage that. email me on [email protected].

I hope for all our sakes that he is not just putting us all off until he closes up shop.

I have forwarded the links and the forum page to Bret so that he can see what has been said. I am sure that all of us believe that he can be great at what he does and that as long as we get what we paid for and he keeps in comtact with us all then we will say how good he has been on this an other web sites.

The chance is with you Bret to fix this and your reputation. no one else can do that but you.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:10 PM
WVProStreet
APPRENTICE

Well, I emailed Bret back and thanked him for yet another lie. I wish he would just quit pissing around and send me my engine specs. The time he has wasted trying avoid me he could have sent them out 2 weeks ago like he promised, and I would be off his @SS!!!!
Old 06-19-2007, 06:31 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Everyone please remember.

Bret and scot from dynoflo are cut from the same cloth and both suffer from dellusions of granduer and megalomania.

These are real and in their minds they do everything right and harm no one.

The truth is they are pathetic liars and poor businessmen, preying on the naievity of you and I.

I have voiced my opinion of these two people and am here doing it again.

Please, anyone new reading this take heed and avoid these people like the plague, they will only take your money and let you down.

My opinion only, based upon facts and that neither has had the balls to come in here and justify the way they treat their customers.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:25 PM
POPSPV
APPRENTICE

I agree with your statement totally. When my engine and wheels etc arrived he sent a nice note saying thanks for the business, he sent t-shirts and stickers. I thought to myself why would someone do that when they had knowingly ripped me off.

Still no reply as per usual and as stated in the previous email chain i am happy to assist with getting some group action together (at as little cost as possible) for those who have been defrauded and have paid money and not recieved the items. I will need details etc times dates etc so that i can pass these on. Please contact the fort collins police as the greater the number of complaints the stronger it makes their case. they do have a large number of complaints at the moment about Bret and when I first called it was very clear that he was well known to them.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:31 AM
trukmann
SHOW GUEST

Maybe we should get Racingjunk.com to pull all their ads (Ad posted by: bowers (#28877)...) until they rectify all these problems posted by other members.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:19 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

This is what I posted on May 27 2007 and its still there.

This is just my 2 cents but I dont think B&K Performance Enterprises/Bowers Racing Engines should be in the Racing Junks.com Performance Racing Directory where more people can get mixed up in this Bret Bowers mess. I know that I wish I would not have got his number off of here. Wesley
Old 06-25-2007, 03:50 PM
WVProStreet
APPRENTICE

This is just my 2 cents but I dont think B&K Performance Enterprises/Bowers Racing Engines should be in the Racing Junks.com Performance Racing Directory where more people can get mixed up in this Bret Bowers mess. I know that I wish I would not have got his number off of here. Wesley
DITTO!!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:14 PM
POPSPV
APPRENTICE

The quaestion is then will the administrators of this sight do that or not? will they contact Bret and advise until thse items are resolved then we will no longer allow you on our directory or to sell items via our site!

I think that this is only fair.

I still have had no contact from Bret. Busy or not this is crap. I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a contact in Fort Collins that would be willing to drop in to his shop for those of us who are affected and at a long way for his shop and see what he says face to face.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:59 AM
fifty3model
APPRENTICE

...Was wondering the same thing about Bruis Glass Works..)See that thread also)...They still have ads up on RJ too...Know that another racer has even called RJ and they won't take off their ad....I could see leaving it if there was only one or two "disgruntles", but their thread is getting as big as this one, so you'd think they'd investigate it...Maybe if we all keep posting enough, they might do something..Or maybe their just waiting for these guy's ad time to run out...I've already seen some new "questions" from un-knowing racers on their ad...Tsk tsk...Not sure how much more hard earned money we all have to lose before they take it serious!...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -