Getting Old Stinks

Old 01-27-2009, 03:14 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Getting Old Stinks

Well guys i been telling myself i was gonna start working back out at the begining of the year....i powerlifted competively for 7 years...anyhow when my daughter was born i retired from powerlifting then stopped lifting all together when she was approx 6 months old..she is now 3 -1/2..

Anyhow what i am getting at is i have done nothing with weights for 3 years.....i been buying up some free weights and got a mini-gym in the basement now..

i started back Sunday..(chest/triceps) and i feel like i have been beat with a baseball bat...just got done with squats and could not walk up the stairs..

God help me tommorrow.....i never hurt so bad in my life..if i can get over this soreness i might make it...I HOPE !

Anybody else out there starting any workout program ? or am i just the crazy one in the bunch ?

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 01-27-2009, 03:31 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Sounds like you bit off too much your first bite ops: :shock:

I've been on my winter maintenance program off and on and off and on.. My shoulders are so worn out it hurts to just stay toned ! Want to bulk up some, but there is waaay too much pain involved.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:32 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

I hear ya bjuice, i just started lifting with my stepson 18yrs younger and a former Marine. I think he wants to hurt me.LOL. It hurt like hell two days later then not so bad till our next workout then it started all over. I keep tellin' myself it will be worth it.

Well starting week two. Can't wait :shock:
Old 01-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Juice,

Good man... I wish I could say I was doing the same. If you can survive the first 2 weeks of ALL OUT PAIN, this will pay off big time. Keep on keepin' on!!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:58 PM
sds10racer
MASTER BUILDER

i'm to scared to start lifting again. haven't lifted since '76 after i graduated :shock:
Old 02-12-2009, 06:24 PM
mexgrhd68
SHOW GUEST

i haven't lifted since 1984ish, i wanna get back into it, but i don't know if i wanna feel sore for 2 weeks
Old 02-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

No doubt!! lifting would break me down & make me sore too. Dude, I get sore just getting under the car for extended periods of time... being all sore the next day... I saying, what the hell am I all sore for today??? Oh yeah, I was working around that damn cage or holding my neck up for an hour trying to bust my knuckles on something.... pathetic. I installed a return line under the car, re-wired a starter & some AN's... felt like I did YOGA for the first time or something....
Old 02-12-2009, 07:48 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I used to toss in 4 speeds and 3rd members in up over my head while the car was up on a lift. Now I can't even benchpress 'em while on my back ! Gotta use a floor jack for cripes sake........But man do I have memories...... 8) ...and I didn't just vegetate on some bar stool and waste my life away...I've been LIVING life :shock: ops: 8) 8) 8) 8)
Old 02-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Ken448
SHOW GUEST

try some whey protein after the workout. Repairs the muscles. IM seldom SORE after working out.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:27 AM
fishmanjoe
JUNIOR BUILDER

HEY MEN! I TURNED 60 THIS YEAR.I tell you Ifeel it.I can not lift I LIKE I used to.I think about the olden days when I went to college on a free ride for wrestling.Then I got drafted and went to NAM.There Ihad a runin with a gook bullet thru my leg.WITH2 artificial knees now ,I try to riede the stationary bike at least 4 times a week to keep the legs loose.Ilook back at photos from my younger years and have resigned myself to the fact that we all slow down as we get older.Hotrods and family keep me feeling young.FISHMANJOE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -