The offer to pay full price and have an agent pick it up.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:42 AM
SVRAbob
SHOW GUEST

Exclamation The offer to pay full price and have an agent pick it up.

I have used RJ for 12 years and now more than ever I seem to get more and more scam texts. I have found that I have had luck sorting out the scammers by telling them they must call me from a traceable phone number. I explain that is so that I can sort out the scammers to them. If they are legit they have called me. I can only guess that the ones that do not call me are the scammers or maybe I ticked them off. but that is a risk that I will take.

Thanks
Bob L.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:50 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

If you do not list ANY phone number to call, the scammers won't text you. Make them use the Racing Junk message.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:40 PM
rigdog58
SHOW GUEST

You did the right thing - the scammers tried me today.
They tried the same trick - no negotiation, will pay full price via Cashier's Check, then send a transporter to pick it up after the check has cleared.
Who does that? LOL
They used the phone number 410-200-5xx.
It's the wrong number of digits and the last two numbers were always different.

Last edited by rigdog58; 06-06-2020 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:38 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

I have been told that if you play along and let them send you a check, and you deposit or cash it, you can be charged with check fraud.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:03 AM
allrews
SHOW GUEST

Yesterday this same thing happened to me, all texts, check then transport will show up, I replied have the transport bring cash and meet me at the local police department, never heard back
Old 09-11-2021, 09:52 AM
MagisterLudi76
SHOW GUEST

I’m getting the same responses to my recent ad. What I can’t figure out is how this benefits the scammer. The offer is that pickup will only happen after the check has cleared.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:38 PM
Dean5657
SHOW GUEST

anybody hear from a number 725-201-7959 las vegas nevada michael christopher. tells me he will pay full price by check as soon as i received it i am to deposit it and have it cleared by my bank then he will handle the pick up. wants my name and address to send check then he will handle shipping through his shipping company
Old 09-23-2021, 06:28 AM
dawngriffin
SHOW GUEST

Default Scam

I got a text from the same number saying exact same thing
only difference he said his name was Thomas m Webster
Old 12-09-2021, 09:45 PM
GoneFishingAgain
SHOW GUEST

Default They are still trolling

Got messages from "[email protected]" *and* "Thomas" at "205-479-0628" in the first 24 hours. Full price offer, your car is the best, blahblahblah. I responded with the "meet at state trooper office with cash" option. Crickets.

Pulled my phone and making everyone use Racing Junk Messenger from now on.

Last edited by RanOutOfTalent; 12-09-2021 at 09:47 PM. Reason: hit enter by accident before being finished
Old 07-04-2022, 03:00 PM
tonystefanon
SHOW GUEST

This guy is still out there with the same scam. I think their payoff must be connected to their request to send you more than the asking price to pay the shipper. Then when you get the check, and before it clears, they will ask for that extra money back from you. If you send it then the check bounces and you are screwed. Note that I never got that far with them, and this is only my personal opinion. They could be legitimate, but I do not want to take that risk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -