2016 Plans..

Old 03-20-2016, 07:05 AM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default 2016 Plans..

Anyone with big or small plans for 2016, car related or otherwise? Just bought a 2016 Ultra Limited and plan on a few rides with the wife around the Midwest this summer. May even take a ride, weather permitting, down to Joliet for the NHRA this year. What's everyone else got in the works?

Was also thinking of building a tranny for the first time. I have a glide case laying around that may be my patient for my first attempt.

Last edited by ajk; 03-20-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:54 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Glides are a good choice to start with, enjoy... I "plan" on getting my never ending street LUV truck project running, would like to finish the body and paint and interior as well, but I fell in LUV with yet another 1967 Chevelle that is occupying what little free time I have. I also plan on finishing up my V8 Nissan hardbody project. It runs and drives, just need to do the body mods and upgrade the radiator. Also thought about getting my avatar truck up and running again but decided I was stretched too thin..
Old 03-20-2016, 06:25 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

Home improvements and get my nova running again it's been down 2 years now.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:38 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Getting ready to do a refi on the house, take about 5 years off the loan at a great rate. Get some cash out of the deal so we are going to take the carpet and vinyl flooring out of the living room, kitchen and dining room and replace it all with wide plank red oak hardwood flooring. redo the basement carpet and put some tile in the bathrooms
I am ready to maybe put some suspension goodies on the Trans Am, control arms, subframe connectors, big brakes, etc.
AJK if you go to Joliet this year, let me know. Been going to every NHRA event at that track since the first year it opened. I will be working the DRAW charity booth as usual and staying in the RV at the campground across the street

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-27-2016, 03:23 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I bought a new motor for my truck. I don't plan to have it in until later this year, but I want to be race ready first of next year. So many years I'm rebuilding or at least freshening the motor and get a late start. For once I want to be ready to go by February.(For some reason it'll never happen though!!.)
I really think I'm close to the end of my racing career. I could have paid cash for a nice house with the money I've spent on racing in the last 8 years. I'm almost to the point of being ready to buy a big Living Quarters trailer and would certainly enjoy the road trips a lot more with one.
(That's only if I decide to race for a few more years)
Old 04-27-2016, 03:49 AM
scott2353

Originally Posted by Harbone View Post
Getting ready to do a refi on the house, take about 5 years off the loan at a great rate. Get some cash out of the deal so we are going to take the carpet and vinyl flooring out of the living room, kitchen and dining room and replace it all with wide plank red oak hardwood flooring. redo the basement carpet and put some tile in the bathrooms
I am ready to maybe put some suspension goodies on the Trans Am, control arms, subframe connectors, big brakes, etc.
AJK if you go to Joliet this year, let me know. Been going to every NHRA event at that track since the first year it opened. I will be working the DRAW charity booth as usual and staying in the RV at the campground across the street
Ok I'll write one. This thing puts out clear real power and stays cool doing it. What more could I want. I recently purchased a kenwood bt hd head unit, 4 new door speakers and an amp for the doors. Once I heard how bright and loud my sound was I knew I had to add full sound so I consulted various caraudio forums and was recommended this Soundstream by one of the regulars who's opinion I trusted based on what I saw and read from his posts. I have a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage gas sipper thingy so space is limited. I got the pioneer TS SWX2502 10" slim subwoofer box because it's small and it fires down so I can throw my tools on top without damaging it.
http://www.caraudiogiants.com/shop-b...eam-vr345.html
As an ex bass head from the early nineties I was expecting much out of this small package, just wanted to fill out my sound